Bakersfield, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Saline Generating Systems Breeze 760
I'm in the market for a robotic pool cleaner that will clean as much of my pool as possible. Unfortunately my pool has a relatively large Baja / Sun shelf that the prior owner put in and it regularly gets dirt / debris that even when brushing off some pieces manage to float back and land on the sun shelf. I end up having to use a pool vac on a pole to clean the sun shelf effectively currently.

I would like to find a robotic pool cleaner that is smart enough to handle cleaning my sun shelf if one (hopefully) exists now. I read posts from a couple of years ago that state they didn't.

Also, if I drop my robotic pool cleaner into my hot tub would that mess up any "learning" that it does?

Thanks
Screenshot_20200521-225143_Gallery.jpg

How deep is the water there? The tanning ledge on mine is 12-14 inches water depth and I have a Polaris VRX IQ+ robot. It gets onto the tanning ledge probably 1 out of 4 times that it tries to...If I run a 2 hr 45 minute cycle it gets the tanning ledge pretty clean. The entire robot has to be submerged in water for it to work correctly so nothing will work if the robot is not completely submerged.

How deep is the water there? The tanning ledge on mine is 12-14 inches water depth and I have a Polaris VRX IQ+ robot. It gets onto the tanning ledge probably 1 out of 4 times that it tries to...If I run a 2 hr 45 minute cycle it gets the tanning ledge pretty clean. The entire robot has to be submerged in water for it to work correctly so nothing will work if the robot is not completely submerged.

Trouble Free Pools never sent me notification that I had gotten a reply to this post. I was literally just now googling again for different cleaners that might do it and this article showed up.

To answer your question. I just measured. My Baja shelf is at 12.2 inches of depth exactly per a wooden measuring stick.

Here's what's going on now. After first posting this article I emailed Polaris tech people over the course of several days. Each one assured me that the Alpha IQ+ would clean my Baja shelf with no issue. I emailed them about it three times just to get a response from different tech staff on different shifts in order to be sure. None of them ever mentioned water depth. All of them gave 100% assurance it would do it 100% of the time.

Since I got so much assurance and they seemed so confident. I ordered an Alpha IQ+ last week from my local pool store. The pool store owner called the Polaris rep right in front of me and the Polaris rep told the pool store owner it would come in by June 10th to his store.

Today, I asked the pool store owner for a tracking number. The owner calls the Polaris rep and is told that they are out of stock and it won't be in until August?!?!

It sounds like Polaris has some honesty issues.

To answer your question. I just measured. My Baja shelf is at 12.2 inches of depth exactly per a wooden measuring stick.

Here's what's going on now. After first posting this article I emailed Polaris tech people over the course of several days. Each one assured me that the Alpha IQ+ would clean my Baja shelf with no issue. I emailed them about it three times just to get a response from different tech staff on different shifts in order to be sure. None of them ever mentioned water depth. All of them gave 100% assurance it would do it 100% of the time.

Since I got so much assurance and they seemed so confident. I ordered an Alpha IQ+ last week from my local pool store.

Did you ever get your Alpha IQ+ ?

I am also looking at that unit, as my pool has lots of steps, benches, and a large tanning deck, so I would like a robot that would be able to clean up there on a consistent basis

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.