Robot recommendations?

Jul 24, 2016
Austin, Texas
Wow I hate brushing and vacuuming. If I can really get a robot that will replace that task, I'm toooooootally on board. I have a 30x14 rectangular pebble pool. No sun shelf, just stairs and a bench for seating. I don't mind spending more up front *if* it'll get me a better clean and longer lasting robot (all about the return on the investment).

Which robot would you recommend?

Any you'd avoid?

Can I really get one that'll climb the walls and scrub those too?

Do they damage the pebble finish?

I wont go into different brands too much .............but I will say this after some experience with robots .
In this day and age of technology .........DO NOT get a model with a bottom bag . That tech is OUT . Its SO much easier to deal with top loading filter baskets. Its almost comical that they still actively sell the bottom bag robots , as the top loaders are SO much better and easier to clean . Night and day difference.
I have had an Aquabot and a now a Dolphin S300 . They both were/are very good robots , but the Aquabot was a bottom bag , and an absolute chore to clean all the time. The Dolphin S300 (and 100, 200 300i etc) is so simple , it literally takes 1-2 minutes to spray clean the filtration with a hose (and I have 2 different filtration inserts in place ) .
You will regret it if you go with a bottom bag robot .............you are trying to make your life easier right ?????

Wow I hate brushing and vacuuming. If I can really get a robot that will replace that task, I'm toooooootally on board. I have a 30x14 rectangular pebble pool. No sun shelf, just stairs and a bench for seating. I don't mind spending more up front *if* it'll get me a better clean and longer lasting robot (all about the return on the investment).

Which robot would you recommend?

Any you'd avoid?

Can I really get one that'll climb the walls and scrub those too?

Do they damage the pebble finish?

In addition to bluetooth and remotes the more expensive ones may also come with a caddy. For the warranty, the high end ones may be around 2-3 years (more if you use your credit card). I have the Active 20 and like it. I wouldn't spend less then $600 or so on the robot. $600-800 seems to be the sweet spot, any more than that and its just features you probably won't use. Some cleaners, like the Quantum (All New Quantum Robotic Pool Cleaner | Dolphin Quantum), are pretty cool looking but don't offer too much more than the mid level ones. For example, most of the specs on this page, Specifications | Dolphin Quantum, are applicable to the Active 20 and Doheny Discovery (which are the same model, rebranded).

almost all of the Dolphin line of robots will do you a good job with little difference in cleaning power between them. Most of the $$$ ones have many bells and whistles which are more about convenience rather than cleaning ability.

Just a couple things to look for, get one which is designed to climb the wall AND clean the tile line. Some of them will climb the walls, but dont do a good job on the tile line. So do your homework on what exactly the robot was designed to do. The Maytronics website has a good description of their cleaners which will provide this type of information.

There are other brands also Im sure that do just a good a job as Dolphin, but I have no personal experience with those, but they might be worth looking at.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.