Robot Only?

Yup. Unless you wanna spend more money? Maytronics has a lot of nice robots :)
Nah. I’m retired, and Mom retires next month, so the days of throwing money around for a slightly sexier gadget are over.

I’m just looking to get the pool a bit cleaner without having to drag out the nets and brushes and vacuum hoses just because the Polaris doesn’t want to get that one corner in the deep end where the currents deposit the small debris and “pool dust” in.

Nah. I’m retired, and Mom retires next month, so the days of throwing money around for a slightly sexier gadget are over.

I’m just looking to get the pool a bit cleaner without having to drag out the nets and brushes and vacuum hoses just because the Polaris doesn’t want to get that one corner in the deep end where the currents deposit the small debris and “pool dust” in.

Id say get a M600 just because.

I am buying the pentair dolphin version from them. $699 and she upgraded the filters for free.
I have had mixed results with open box stuff,

What filters did she upgrade? The Pentair Warrior SE comes with two sets of filters standard - a fine filter and a mesh filter. Did you get something in addition to these?

With regards to the caddy - I bought one after getting my Warrior SE (the S200), and wouldn't be without it. I store my cleaner in a shed that is about 50 feet from the pool. When I had to use it, I hauled out the cleaner and it's long cord - not that heavy, but cumbersome to move - in one trip, then went back to get the power supply. I would then hook the cleaner cord to the power supply, plug it in, and run it. I had to disconnect the power supply from the Warrior SE each time as it was too bulky for me to carry the unit with everything connected.

With the caddy, the power supply is mounted on the caddy, and the long cord is stored on the handle. I just roll the entire unit to the pool, set the cleaner in, plug it in and start it. The cleaner cord is always connected to the power supply. When done, I lift the cleaner out and set it on the caddy, roll up the cord, then roll the entire unit into my shed. Makes the whole process so much easier!

After having no caddy for several months, then adding it and using it now for several months, I can easily say there is no way I would ever order another robot without a caddy. It just makes my life easier!

If you do get one, make sure you get the new version - the S200 power supply does not fit on the older version. New version is Dolphin 9996087-ASSY Carry Caddy (2015 & Newer). Old version is Dolphin 9996084-ASSY Universal Robotic Pool Caddy.

Reactions: markayash
What filters did she upgrade? The Pentair Warrior SE comes with two sets of filters standard - a fine filter and a mesh filter. Did you get something in addition to these?

I think they are fine and extra fine? I read some folks on here got the upgrade so I asked. Not sure if they are any different?
It said on my invoice " upgraded filters?

A filter upgrade as done by Marina consists of removing the rough filters (the screen like material - set of 4) and replaces that with a screen insert that can be used at the same time as the cartridge style fine filters. The insert has four sides connected and no bottom so it drops in the basket after the fine filters are installed. It keeps a bunch of stuff out of the fine filter pleats so rinsing them out is easier. I use this setup all the time.

Reactions: markayash

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
So what is the spring basket good for?

I have alot of sand around my pool so would it just be smart to run the ultra fine basket all the time?
You use them both together. The spring bottomless basket keeps all but the dust-like debris out of the cartridges for easy cleaning.

I don't miss the remote, but I would never get another robot without the caddy - this has been a lifesaver for me!

Word of warning - Marina has great prices on cleaners, but they want $149 for the caddy. I got mine for $99 at Pool Supplies Superstore.

Last edited:
Reactions: Global Charming
I've got a free, brand new S200 caddy to anyone in the DFW area.. They are of no use to me.

Just PM me..

Jim R.
Very kind of you, Jim! My robot should arrive today and I really do not know if I'll need one yet, but if you still have it next week I may take you up on it.

I'm considering building a box to enclose the power supply as it hangs on the wall instead of moving all of it to the garage and back, which is barely 20 feet away.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
One other thing, if you aren't in a hurry, Maytronics usually does a rebate in the May/June timeframe. I think last year it was $75. This is last year's:

We built our pool 3 years ago and after reading on this board we told our builder to nix the PSC and credit us back. We've been using an Active30i every since. I do think it's time to replace the treads as they are worn. But otherwise, super happy we went the robot only route.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.