Robot cleaner recommendation for small inground pool

aerom3artois

Jun 2, 2019
Canada
Looking for any recommendations on a compact robot cleaner for a small inground pool.
My pool is a custom, concrete, 24' x 24' right angle triangle with 6 feet at the deepest point, total volume ~50,000L / 13,000gal.
Ideally I am looking for something that can handle a bit of a tree debris since I have one maple tree which hangs over part of the pool, and I like the idea of being able to drop in the cleaner, and come back to pick it up a few hours later.
I have looked at some of the more popular cleaners (Dolphin Nautulis, Hayward TigerShark) but they seem a bit too big (and heavy) for my pool.

My setup is pretty simple, no dedicated suction port for a vacuum or pressure port for a pressure-side cleaner. I like the concept of robotic since I would not have to empty my pump filter after vacuuming or always backwash after vacuuming.

Thanks all in advance for any feedback.

Right now I am waiting for the Dolphin M600. But I'd prefer the IOx3. Do they have a similar release date? Anyone know the cost difference cause I'm not sure I'm prepared to pay a lot more.

Right now I am waiting for the Dolphin M600. But I'd prefer the IOx3. Do they have a similar release date? Anyone know the cost difference cause I'm not sure I'm prepared to pay a lot more.
M600 was supposed to be this summer but it has been delayed for software issues. Should be this year. The IOx3 / IO series I believe is slated for next year. The IO series has sensors to map the pool (much more advanced than what is on offer now). The M600 doesn't have the new sensor capability. For either unit you're probably looking at $1,000 to $1,500.

Hmmm Sounds like i may need to go in a different direction for the time being. I was being told the M600 would be shipping this month, but if that's not the case, I'll have to go another direction. And recommendations?

Jay, take a look at the S200/S300/S300i (these are the essentially the same robot with increasing feature upgrades like Bluetooth control for the higher-end version). The Active 20/30/30i are the same robot just a different case/name as are the T35, T45, and T55i.

There are also the M400 and M500 if you want to stay with the M series. I personally prefer the S series because I like the top loading filter basket which is super easy to clean, but some users like the M series because they have more powerful motors.

Thanks all for the feedback. Are any of the Dolphin recommendations compact in size? That is one of my big criteria because my pool has some small/tight corners.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Polaris Sport 7240? It looks interesting from photos/videos in terms of size/light weight and simplicity.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks all for the feedback. Are any of the Dolphin recommendations compact in size? That is one of my big criteria because my pool has some small/tight corners.

Also, does anyone have any experience with the Polaris Sport 7240? It looks interesting from photos/videos in terms of size/light weight and simplicity.
Looks like the Polaris is narrower but taller than the Dolphins. Might be a good fit for you for tight corners. I don't have any experience with the Polaris robots so that's all I can say. See if you have a store around that carries them and ask if you can try one out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.