Raleigh, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-30
I have a DOLPHIN Nautilus CC Supreme and the instructions say/imply to not leave the head unit out in the weather or let it get wet. When i talk to people they don't seem to be worrying about bringing the head unit in and out depending on the weather. I am currently bringing it in every time there is a chance of rain or if it is already wet and will freeze overnight. Because of that, i am moving it back and forth almost every other day.

I guess i am just trying to understand if it is a big deal if the head unit gets wet from rain while plugged into power and the robot. I have it setup to run every morning before my wife swims and would love to keep that pattern, but many nights it doesn't stay out so can't start up the robot at 4 am. I guess there would also be a chance of rain that would freeze overnight too.

The head unit sits on top of a retaining wall most of the time when plugged in.

I leave the robot in most all the time, well all the time actually, and clean the filters about twice a week or so. It does such a great job, but just wasn't sure how worried about weather i need to be with it.

The Power Supply is not water proof. It is sort of weather resistant, but I bring mine in when the robot is not in use.

Reactions: RaleighDawg
Yes, wanted to build a pool that was a little for the wife and a little for the kids. And all the up keep for me :) She is saving hours every week not having to drive to pools everyday. Need to update the picture since that was the day after it was filled and still looked a little green from the city water... I'll be glad when the air gets warmer and i'll start using it too. I am not as hard core as my wife :)

Dawg,

It can get a little wet, just not soaking wet.. The one at my house is mounted to a wall, about two feet off the deck, and under the eve of the roof.

I have a couple of rent houses and their power supplies are off the ground and inside little "dog houses" that keep them out of any direct rain..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.