RJ60+ installation and ...

Rockcube

Sep 20, 2021
CA
I've been using a pool service for several years and finally decided to switch to SWG. Recently I bought a RJ60+. The installation was straightforward. I've also made my existing Intermatic timers to control the VSP. I have two timers. One (A) was used for a single speed pump before the VSP. The other (B) is still used for the booster pump. Here is my setup:
  • VSP is always on.
  • RJ60+ is on A
  • Installed two outlets from A and B
  • Found two old cell phone chargers (for outlet A and outlet B): (110v-240v) input, outputs are at least 5V
  • Cut the charger wires, connect grounds together. Now I have three wires (GND, VA+, VB+) to control the VSP externally.
  • Pentair has an external control wiring kit (Pentair P/N 353129Z) but is discontinued and now it is expensive. I made my own wire.
  • The connector on the pump has 8 pins. Here is the pin layout:
    • The center pin is the ground
    • 1 o'clock is Quick Clean
    • 2 o'clock is Speed 3
    • 3 o'clock is Speed 2
    • 4 o'clock is Speed 1
    • 11 o'clock is 5V (no need to use)
  • When multiple signals exist, the priority follows Quick Clean > Speed 3 > Speed 2 > Speed 1
  • I connected VB+(Booster) to Speed 3, VA+(SWG) to Speed 2, and GND to the ground.
With the above wiring, I now can control the SWG from the timer and also have another layer of safety besides the flow switch. The external control for the booster pump may not be necessary. But since it is on an Intermatic, this solves the issue when the schedule on the VSP is out sync of the Intermatic.

I wish I had discovered the following post earlier before choosing RJ60+. Now I am worried that the capacity of the unit may be far less than 3.1 lbs. However, the post was two years ago. I couldn't found any recent updates. Does anyone know if there is a conclusion or any recent updates? Thanks.
SWG run time calculations assistance

I’m using an RJ60 (+?) and it seems to have no trouble producing plenty of chlorine for my 27k pool. I’ve never had to turn it higher than 50% and typically only run it for 1/2 day at most. Anecdotal feedback…

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.