Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
It's often a combo making the CSI being out of whack
Kinda what I was thinking, but my CSI is inline with a value of 0.1 per the Pool Math app...I haven't had a chance to vacuum the floor since it happened, not sure if it is still going on or if it may have been a one time occurrence.

Reactions: Newdude

Tcadwall0

Gold Supporter
May 19, 2021
Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
Nothing scientific in my answer - but my CSI was more in the neutral range, and I was seeing some flaking from the SWG. Right now I try to keep it around -.6 (currently -.62) . I haven't seen the flakes in a while. I do think it is related.

xpnsvtoys

Gold Supporter
Jun 27, 2021
Gore, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Nothing scientific in my answer - but my CSI was more in the neutral range, and I was seeing some flaking from the SWG. Right now I try to keep it around -.6 (currently -.62) . I haven't seen the flakes in a while. I do think it is related.
What’s the key to getting down in the negative range? Less CH, less TA? Both? Working on bringing down the TA but it’s taking a loooong time…

Tcadwall0

Gold Supporter
May 19, 2021
Charlotte, NC
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-20
What’s the key to getting down in the negative range? Less CH, less TA? Both? Working on bringing down the TA but it’s taking a loooong time…
There are a lot of people that could answer that better than me. I have fiberglass so the CH and CSI is less important for the shell. I think I lied to the pool math app a few times with CH, TA, pH and temperature levels to mock up some CSI numbers. I don't think the effects of adding were giving me CSI right. I also use borates, etc.

There are also some calculators in the Deep End I think related to CSI.

xpnsvtoys

Gold Supporter
Jun 27, 2021
Gore, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
There are a lot of people that could answer that better than me. I have fiberglass so the CH and CSI is less important for the shell. I think I lied to the pool math app a few times with CH, TA, pH and temperature levels to mock up some CSI numbers. I don't think the effects of adding were giving me CSI right. I also use borates, etc.

There are also some calculators in the Deep End I think related to CSI.
I was monkeying with the numbers in the pool math app after I posted that last one...Seems like a time or two I was probably in a susceptible zone for scaling. Not sure of the exact combo right now, but I'm sure the high TA was a contributing factor. I've got the TA down to 120 as of this morning. Vac'd the flakes off the bottom of the pool a few days ago, haven't noticed any return. Gonna get everything inline before I go making any hasty judgement calls...been enough of that during the install already.

xpnsvtoys

Gold Supporter
Jun 27, 2021
Gore, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Got the TA down to 90 as of a day ago, going for one more round of acid/aeration and hoping we'll be close. I've got all the plumbing done with the exception of gluing up the deck jets once the remaining concrete form is in place. Ran bonding wire and bonding inspection was completed yesterday. Been a struggle trying to get concrete delivered. Just in a waiting pattern for the moment.

IMG_0314.jpg
IMG_0315.jpg
IMG_0316.jpg

xpnsvtoys

Gold Supporter
Jun 27, 2021
Gore, VA
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Finally can breathe a bit. Got the concrete around, I feel like it's time to enjoy it (not like we haven't been, just feels official now.) We've got my son's birthday party this weekend, I know it'll be that much more enjoyable. Not finished, but to what I feel like is a solid usable state. We'll have some more fiberglass repairs to deal with at the end of the season or before next and I'm still up in the air on the exact pool deck direction aside from material choice. Now to get things cleaned up and plan this patio/deck area.

IMG_0324.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Newdude

Mod Squad
Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Kids love them, despite the mixed opinions they seem like a good choice so far.
I can't say I've ever seen a 'nay' opinion of them with an unlimited budget. Only that by the time anyone is discussing them, they have long blown their budget and likely skimped somewhere more useful while getting there. Like a SWG, robot or properly sized equipment that would come in handy everyday instead of only at times.

I personally would have liked them for parties or to keep the kids laughing for a while, but the monies saved buys ALOT of kleenex's.

woody-harrelson-crying.gif