Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
We agree with your pool builder.

My spa spillover runs twice a day at 9AM and 2PM for 15 minutes to refresh the spa water and put new chlorinated water into it. That gets chlorinated water into the spa at the start of the day and then replaces any lost chlorine with fresh water in the afternoon. That is more then enough to keep algae out of the spa.

Running the spillover continuously will cause aeration which will cause rapidly rising pH. You will find yourself needing to add acid very frequently.

Anyone who shows up here with a continuously running spa and automation we suggest they enable their spillover function.
I was wondering why my pH was still rising so quickly even after the first month after the new plaster. The pool company has it setup to pull from pool drain/skimmer and 50/50 return to spa return and pool return. How would I need to setup my Aqualink to do a 15 minute spillover routine like you mentioned? Is it possible with this setup? FYI - we have since added an actuator to the bubbler for the sunshelf and I do not run that all the time.

Attachments

• IMG_2728.jpg
    IMG_2728.jpg
    582.8 KB · Views: 6
How would I need to setup my Aqualink to do a 15 minute spillover routine like you mentioned?

Follow the instructions in the Wiki article to enable SPILLOVER mode using dip switch 3 on your Aqualink.

Post pics of your Aqualink panel open showing the wiring and relays.

Last edited:
Follow the instructions in the Wiki article to enable SPILLOVER mode using dip switch 3 on your Aqualink.

Post pics of your Aqualink panel open showing the wiring and relays.
Thanks for posting that. I will post a picture of the wiring when I get home (we have company over so I will try). We have a separate VSP for our spa and that is currently wired to AUX 3. Is this something that is easy for me to change over? I am fairly handy and always try to do things myself.

It will get better in the next few months as the plaster cures more, but with your SWG it will never stop. Since going salt I need to add small amounts of acid 1-2 times a week. Dont slack on it like me or your CSI will shoot up and you'll be cleaning scale from your cell earlier than you should.

Reactions: pigskintd
Depends on the details of your spa VSP.

What model pumps do you have?

Are your pumps connected to the RS-485 comm ports?

VSP pumps should have continuous power and be contro0lled by RS-485 if possible.

Depends on the details of your spa VSP.

What model pumps do you have?

Are your pumps connected to the RS-485 comm ports?

VSP pumps should have continuous power and be contro0lled by RS-485 if possible.
It's a Jandy VS Flo Pro. My main pump is actually Jandy VS PlusHP (I will update my sig). I am not sure about the wiring, I will get a picture. I just know the spa pump is assigned to AUX 3 and in the VSP speed setup it is ePump 2.

Is your main pump wired to an AUX or connected to continuous power?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.