Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-30 Plus
July 2015 - March 2021
I couldn't believe I was spending $272.49 on a robot for my $300 pool, but he was worth every penny. Last season he was slowing down and sometimes only cleaning for an hour before stopping, but he was trying his best. Saturday I tossed him in for the first cleaning of the year and... Nothing. Not sure I will be able to swing a new robot this year, even this model looks to be $400 new now. I still have my Aquabug though, between her and a manual vacuum the water will keep sparkling clean.

Attachments

• 20210329_145040.jpg
    20210329_145040.jpg
    807 KB · Views: 53
Not sure I will be able to swing a new robot this year, even this model looks to be $400 new now.
Just paid $350 with tax and free shipping on one from Pool Supply Unlimited. However that’s not a lot less than $400.

Last edited:
Reactions: kne
😢 🪦 r.i.p. robot 😞 for about $400 u can get a refurbished e-10 on poolpartz.com right now. I got my nautilus cc in 2 days- i used my visa signature cc so I would have extended warranty protection. Robert the robot has been working feverishly since he arrived!

😢 🪦 r.i.p. robot 😞 for about $400 u can get a refurbished e-10 on poolpartz.com right now. I got my nautilus cc in 2 days- i used my visa signature cc so I would have extended warranty protection. Robert the robot has been working feverishly since he arrived!
I'm going to keep that in mind, I did an impulse buy on a cheap a couple hours ago, but have a feeling i might take advantage of Amazon's return policy.

My going a season without a robot did not last more than a couple hours. I found a cordless on Amazon that was $85 dollars off, delivered price of $299, and honestly the reviews read too good to be true. The direct website is actually $100 off, but I like the easy return policy on Amazon. I searched TFP and it doesn't look like anyone talks about this one directly.

PAXCESS Cordless Automatic Pool Cleaner, 5000mAH Rechargeable Battery

It get's here Thursday, I'll give my review on it's performance then. But thoughts so far:
  • I have a small 18' round pool. No deep end, no weird shape, my needs are pretty simple. The way my steps are set up, there will always need to be moved weekly minimum to get the debris out that settle underneath
  • I think the 90 minute run time should be fine, see above - small pool
  • The cordless portion appeals to me.
  • Some of the reviews that actually complain said that it does not pick up algae and fine particles like that. I'm hoping to never have that issue, but also thinking that I might be able to add a finer micron filter to what is already there
  • Whoever created the Amazon page is either a decent AI or bad translator. This FAQ did make me laugh
    1. 2. Q:Should I turn on the robotic pool cleaner before put it into the pool?
      • A: Please pay more attention to this problem. Please remember that you should put the robot pool cleaner into the water before power it on, which can protect the wheels and the motors and extend their life.
  • I can not tell where this company is based out of. Their About page is very vague.
  • I'm fully aware that this could be junk and end up with me returning it

Amazon listing Amazon.com : PAXCESS Cordless Automatic Pool Cleaner, Robotic Pool Cleaner with 5000mAh Rechargeable Battery, 60-90 Mins Working Time, IPX8 Waterproof, Lightweight, Good for Cleaning In-Ground/Above Ground Pool : Garden & Outdoor
Direct site listing PAXCESS Cordless 5000mAh Robotic Pool Cleaner

Last edited:
Reactions: Mdragger88
Best of luck to you !!!
My going a season without a robot did not last more than a couple hours.
This is my new standpoint for newbs asking if they should get a robot/swg. Well OP, if you want your answer, Don’t listen to me. Simply go try and take somebody’s robot/SWG away. Let what happens to you guide you. :laughblue:

Reactions: mknauss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Interesting robot. It got 4.5 stars. Hmmm.
If that turns out to be a lemon, the Dolphin e10 mentioned is a good choice. Going on year 4 here with mine.
I think there are a lot of fake reviews. It's a big scam, there are websites you sign up for that list tons of Amazon products. You buy the product from Amazon, write a good review and the company pays you for the product you bought. Long story short, "verified purchase" reviews may not mean much. I'm not saying this product is part of that, but very well could be.

I had never heard of that poolpartz site before last night, I see myself going that route if this one doesn't work out.

My going a season without a robot did not last more than a couple hours. I found a cordless on Amazon that was $85 dollars off, delivered price of $299, and honestly the reviews read too good to be true. The direct website is actually $100 off, but I like the easy return policy on Amazon. I searched TFP and it doesn't look like anyone talks about this one directly.

PAXCESS Cordless Automatic Pool Cleaner, 5000mAH Rechargeable Battery

It get's here Thursday, I'll give my review on it's performance then. But thoughts so far:
  • I have a small 18' round pool. No deep end, no weird shape, my needs are pretty simple. The way my steps are set up, there will always need to be moved weekly minimum to get the debris out that settle underneath
  • I think the 90 minute run time should be fine, see above - small pool
  • The cordless portion appeals to me.
  • Some of the reviews that actually complain said that it does not pick up algae and fine particles like that. I'm hoping to never have that issue, but also thinking that I might be able to add a finer micron filter to what is already there
  • Whoever created the Amazon page is either a decent AI or bad translator. This FAQ did make me laugh
    1. 2. Q:Should I turn on the robotic pool cleaner before put it into the pool?
      • A: Please pay more attention to this problem. Please remember that you should put the robot pool cleaner into the water before power it on, which can protect the wheels and the motors and extend their life.
  • I can not tell where this company is based out of. Their About page is very vague.
  • I'm fully aware that this could be junk and end up with me returning it

Amazon listing Amazon.com : PAXCESS Cordless Automatic Pool Cleaner, Robotic Pool Cleaner with 5000mAh Rechargeable Battery, 60-90 Mins Working Time, IPX8 Waterproof, Lightweight, Good for Cleaning In-Ground/Above Ground Pool : Garden & Outdoor
Direct site listing PAXCESS Cordless 5000mAh Robotic Pool Cleaner
It looks interesting 🧐 i just wanted to get brushes & a timer for all my money 💰 definitely keep us updated on its efficacy. Manual (skimmer) vacuuming is for the birds & is an absolute last resort for me. Robots r tha bomb 💣

Manual (skimmer) vacuuming is for the birds & is an absolute last resort for me
Try being a dude with 2 teen daughters and a Mrs.

Having to go Vac the pool, while swimming in it with a snorkel mask, below the sounds of chaos, in the quiet beautiful pool......... Yeah

You may have just reminded me why as much as i want a robot for the next pool, maybe I don't. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
I think there are a lot of fake reviews. It's a big scam, there are websites you sign up for that list tons of Amazon products. You buy the product from Amazon, write a good review and the company pays you for the product you bought. Long story short, "verified purchase" reviews may not mean much. I'm not saying this product is part of that, but very well could be.

I had never heard of that poolpartz site before last night, I see myself going that route if this one doesn't work out.
I’m curious if you have got the cordless robot from Amazon and how was it compared to your previous ones?

I’m curious if you have got the cordless robot from Amazon and how was it compared to your previous ones?
I did get the cordless, I've used it twice but the pool has been covered by a solar cover and not much dirt in it. Fortunately (?) my neighbors cut some trees while I was gone this weekend and didn't give me notice to throw some extra tarps on. So I have it in again now.
Anyways, it definitely picks up stuff on the ground. I got a little crazy sqeezing my CYA sock and it busted open, robot picked up the spillage. Picture attached is from my first time running it. Tray is a lot smaller than the bag in the Aquabot, but in my case that should not be a big issue. Usually leaves are 1 handful at most. There are vents in the front and back that determine the pattern is moves in, I am still dialing those in.

1618262625277.png

Month later PAXCESS update.
Do I L💙VE it? No. Do I dislike it enough to return it. Also, No.

Pro - no cord to drag around. Cleans well enough.

Con - battery life is just a little too short for me. It doesn't seem to get all the areas of the pool before it runs out. Part of that could be because I don't have the angles set up as optimal as they could be. Actually I just went and looked at it directly at the nozzle one is 20 to the left and the other is 20 to the right... maybe I have it going in a circle? IDK, I have a round pool with semi-circle steps and it doesn't seem to get in the corner of the steps now, and before I adjusted it got stuck in the corner, I think I had it on the 0-20 before. Any math nerds wanna give me degree ⭕ hints of what I should try?
1621372163527.png
Also, my bf gets so irritated when I charge it in the kitchen. I can fell him cringe when he walks in the house and sees it sitting by the island. He keeps offering to run me power outside under the deck but I don't want it to sit in the brutal sun, and I think the deck box heat would be murder on the battery. I could charge it in my office out of sight, but what is the fun in that?
Offensive Robot in Action:
1621373696288.png

Last edited:
I was like “why would he get irritated?” Then I saw the picture and was like “oh, one of those mythical clean houses.”

If that was charging in our kitchen you’d be hard pressed to even locate it. :ROFLMAO:
It’s what I dream my house will look like some day when I don’t have kids living here. It probably still won’t, but a guy can dream.

I was like “why would he get irritated?” Then I saw the picture and was like “oh, one of those mythical clean houses.”

If that was charging in our kitchen you’d be hard pressed to even locate it. :ROFLMAO:
He isn't a fan of clutter. I try to keep my piles hidden in my office and my separate bathroom :) That picture is the view of what you see right when you walk in the front door, we need to give the appearance of having it all together! Now if you show up at my house without warning, don't even try and sit on my couch while wearing any type of dark clothing because you will be covered in tan dog hair immediately. If I have a heads up, I'll do a once over with the cordless vac.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.