RIP Aquabot Pool Rover Jr & PAXCESS Cordless Review

There’s no reason to explain away a lived in house. Until we see you on one of the hoarding shows that is.
I like to turn on those shows and say to Mark, See THAT is what a messy house looks like! Now quit bugging me about my unopened Amazon box from 3 weeks ago that is still sitting on the entryway table.

I was picturing it on the counter 🤣
Use this to your advantage if he’s willing to run you another receptacle 👍🏻 Make sure its in a good spot in case you upgrade to a dolphin in the future 😜

Reactions: kne and jseyfert3
I just got the same paxcess robot delivered yesterday. I had finally had enough of frustration with my 4 year old "lil shark" suction cleaner.

I don't have too much to say about the paxcess just yet other than I too didn't trust the 4.5 start review rating. For $280 I felt like it was worth a try and it had to be better than what I had.

Put it in the pool yesterday and watched it run from one side of the pool to the other and bumping into the walls. Came back after dinner and pulled it back out of the water. I didn't think the pool was all that dirty but the little robot found enough junk to make be worthy of getting plugged in for a recharge. My main concern so far is how long will the little guy keep working.

Hopefully we both got a robot that will stand the test of time.

Month later PAXCESS update.
Do I L💙VE it? No. Do I dislike it enough to return it. Also, No.

Pro - no cord to drag around. Cleans well enough.

Con - battery life is just a little too short for me. It doesn't seem to get all the areas of the pool before it runs out. Part of that could be because I don't have the angles set up as optimal as they could be. Actually I just went and looked at it directly at the nozzle one is 20 to the left and the other is 20 to the right... maybe I have it going in a circle? IDK, I have a round pool with semi-circle steps and it doesn't seem to get in the corner of the steps now, and before I adjusted it got stuck in the corner, I think I had it on the 0-20 before. Any math nerds wanna give me degree ⭕ hints of what I should try?
View attachment 334490
Also, my bf gets so irritated when I charge it in the kitchen. I can fell him cringe when he walks in the house and sees it sitting by the island. He keeps offering to run me power outside under the deck but I don't want it to sit in the brutal sun, and I think the deck box heat would be murder on the battery. I could charge it in my office out of sight, but what is the fun in that?
Offensive Robot in Action:
View attachment 334493
First of all, gorgeous kitchen! Second of all, this is adorable, like a pampered pet! ❤️

Reactions: jseyfert3
Month later PAXCESS update.
Do I L💙VE it? No. Do I dislike it enough to return it. Also, No.

Pro - no cord to drag around. Cleans well enough.

Con - battery life is just a little too short for me. It doesn't seem to get all the areas of the pool before it runs out. Part of that could be because I don't have the angles set up as optimal as they could be. Actually I just went and looked at it directly at the nozzle one is 20 to the left and the other is 20 to the right... maybe I have it going in a circle? IDK, I have a round pool with semi-circle steps and it doesn't seem to get in the corner of the steps now, and before I adjusted it got stuck in the corner, I think I had it on the 0-20 before. Any math nerds wanna give me degree ⭕ hints of what I should try?
View attachment 334490
Also, my bf gets so irritated when I charge it in the kitchen. I can fell him cringe when he walks in the house and sees it sitting by the island. He keeps offering to run me power outside under the deck but I don't want it to sit in the brutal sun, and I think the deck box heat would be murder on the battery. I could charge it in my office out of sight, but what is the fun in that?
Offensive Robot in Action:
View attachment 334493
Just got mine. Charging it here. My wife has already complained.

Attachments

• 20220224_194750.jpg
    20220224_194750.jpg
    288.9 KB · Views: 13

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I bought Qomotop brand of cordless vacuum last year similar to but cheaper than Pacaccess. It runs over an hour per charge and can pick up even fine dust pretty well.

My other suction vacuum cleans in a pattern due to the hose. There are some areas that it cannot reach. But the cordless one can get to all the surface on the bottom.

My cordless vacuum doesn't have a lot of power to climb. At first the cordless vacuum cannot climb from deep to shallow. After a lot of adjustment of the nozzle angle, it can now climb. Maybe for some other pools with steep ramp it is not able to climb. I wish it has a more powerful motor.

Overall it cleans quickly and can finish the bottom within the battery time. It is much faster and cleaner than my suction pool vacuum.

Updating the status of the Paxcess, now entering it's 3 year. Did not put a winter cover on our pool this year because our seasons are pretty mild in the Bay Area... sorry for jinxing it neighbors. Took the solar cover off Saturday afternoon to a swamp. Charged up the robot, put it in the pool and it was off and running. It seems that maybe now I get an hour of cleaning at most. This weekend was spring cleaning for the yard & pool, long hours both days. I did 2 charges / runs both days, and it is in for a 5th time now. Do I wish I had a corded robot to clean up the swamp, of course. I will keep this one until it no longer works, then probably go back to a corded one. If I am going to spend any money on a robot right now, I really want a robot skimmer. I'm hoping those prices come down eventually.

Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.