right fitting for the zodiac cleaner hose to poolmaster 28300 leaf vac?

norcalpool1

Silver Supporter
Sep 16, 2017
Silicon Valley,CA
I bought Poolmaster 28300 leaf vacuum and have the zodiac hose assembly. I use the return jet from the Polaris booster pump and it seems to have good pressure that helps vacuum the pool floor of large debris.

I use a fitting 1/2" barb to 5/8" MHT, (found in the irrigation aisle of the big box hardware store) to connect the Zodiac hose to the Poolmaster's quick-connect 5/8" fitting. But frequently the barb-MHT adapter gets separated possibly no matter how much tight the zodiac nut is. Is there another fitting I should use?

FWIW, 28316 model seems to have multi-directional wheels whereas 28300 seems to have wheels that just move back and forth. I would have bought 28316 if I had done better research.

ajw22

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 21, 2013
Northern NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
The Poolmaster 28300 leaf vacuum is designed to connect to a garden hose. I think connecting it to a booster pump is more pressure then it is designed for.

Post pics of the fittings you are trying to use and where it is separating.

norcalpool1

Silver Supporter
Sep 16, 2017
Silicon Valley,CA
Link to pic: Sign in - Google Accounts
Notes attached to the picture: "
Black: 1/2" BARB to 1/2" MPT typically used in irrigation/sprinkler setups.
White: 1/2" FPT to 5/8" FHT - to go from pipe thread to hose thread.
Green: melnor quickconnect for a garden hose.
Problem: The barb side is too loose for a Zodiac Pool cleaner leader hose. I need a fitting that is tight enough. I have seen some videos on youtube that connect the cleaner with the return from the booster pump. It makes sense to me because I can't always pump water into the pool that might already be full and I want to remove the leaf debris.

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.