Reusable Type B filters....need opinion and advice

arosas

Silver Supporter
May 26, 2019
Dresden, TN
I have a basic wal-mart pool. 18ftx48. Upgraded pump to 2500GPH Intex. I have to complaints. It works very well for me. I do not mind buying or cleaning the Type B filters. But I came across a ReUsable Filter on Amazon I wanted someone else thoughts or advice. I have never used a reusable filter for this. What I found was...OrcaFilter Reusable Type B filter from Amazon. $54.95. I really do not know what I spend on filters. I order on-line from Rural King. Got them for $3 and bought 3 this last time. They were $5.99 in the store.

Thank You for reply. I glad to hear this a good product. I am sure there is bad and good results, but really wanted to get opinion from someone following the same maintenance and pool routine like TFP. Thanks?. This will be my next upgrade purchase.

I don't know how long they last, but it should be a pretty long time. The body of the filter is plastic, and the filter media is similar to hardware cloth. They sell replacements for the media and I believe the big thick rubber bands holding the media down.

I've been using mine for three weeks now and it's doing a GREAT job!

You're very welcome. It's a little tricky learning to get the filter media into the main body, but these videos helped me
Thank You for reply. I glad to hear this a good product. I am sure there is bad and good results, but really wanted to get opinion from someone following the same maintenance and pool routine like TFP. Thanks?. This will be my next upgrade purchase.

Awesome!! Video links, I did not even think to check?

Reactions: Wobblerlorri
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.