Houston
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I've had a horrible string of luck so far this year with plumbing issues and Saturday was probably the worst luck so far. In an effort to prevent a tree from falling over, I drove a T-Post right through on of my 2" return lines for the pool. Thankfully it hit right at a 90, so repair was fairly easy. However, as you can imagine, a healthy amount of dirty water got into the pool and I'm now trying to start everything back up. I've ran the vacuum multiple times and for the most part, the sediment seems to be gone from the bottom of the pool. My idea was to run the pool, keep an eye on the pressure of the cartridge filters, and wash until the pool was clean again. However, after having the pool power cut off for multiple days while I attempted the repair, things aren't functioning quite right. I should note that I'm running an Intellicenter panel.

To start, my VSF won't go above 1,500 RPM. It ramps up briefly if I reset the panel, and then immediately coasts down to 1,500 RPM, regardless of if turn on the high speed function or turn on the pool feature. Additionally, my waterfall seems to be flowing at a much lower rate than normal as well. I really don't want to mess anything up, but is my approach sound? Is my pump limiting itself because of high pressure at the filters? Or could it be because of freeze protection? (As a side note, I disabled freeze protection on all circuits and still couldn't get the pump to respond to any button presses on the panel). I'm bummed because I had such a clean pool and now it's just a murky mess that I need to re-establish. Thanks!

Your pump is a 011056 VSZf pump?

When you put the IntelliCenter in SERVICE mode and run the pump from its control panel what happens when you select the different speed buttons?

I found out that even though I turned off the individual circuits from freeze protection, the panel still indicated it and overrode it. I temporarily raised the temperature sensor to 50F and were back to normal. Now to get the water clean again!

Reactions: Lanzz
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.