Resurfacing Pool

May 26, 2017
West Hills, Ca.
I hope I’m in the right forum for discussing resurfacing my pool. In ground 25k gallon, concrete pool with painted plaster wall (I assume) is starting to show surface cracks. So off I go researching and came across UltraGuard and how it inhibits algae and is better than plaster or paint and more elastic. But then I read one of their pages about distrusting TPP. Anyone with a thought on them and their pool resurfacing solution or others to consider. Could something be done DIY, or is that crazy?

I hope I’m in the right forum for discussing resurfacing my pool. In ground 25k gallon, concrete pool with painted plaster wall (I assume) is starting to show surface cracks. So off I go researching and came across UltraGuard and how it inhibits algae and is better than plaster or paint and more elastic. But then I read one of their pages about distrusting TPP. Anyone with a thought on them and their pool resurfacing solution or others to consider. Could something be done DIY, or is that crazy?
Did you read the link on why they don’t like TFP? They say it’s because someone here wouldn’t get involved in a dispute they evidently had. Nothing mentioned about the product.

That said, I haven’t heard of any of those coatings lasting very long. And once it’s painted or coated, you can’t replaster until you take all that stuff off again.

Did you read the link on why they don’t like TFP? They say it’s because someone here wouldn’t get involved in a dispute they evidently had. Nothing mentioned about the product.

That said, I haven’t heard of any of those coatings lasting very long. And once it’s painted or coated, you can’t replaster until you take all that stuff off again.
Ok, thanks! Yes I did read about that dispute issue so I figured it was complicated to some point. But I’m any event, I’m hearing in your post that re-plastering is the best way to go to renew the pool and get rid of the surface plaster cracks? In terms of resurfacing to have a more algae resistant surface, is there something else or in addition to replastering? I have a feeling that it’s probably just weekly brushing and proper chemicals, right? Just getting tired of the maintenance, I guess.

I discovered this product tonight and can't wait to call them tomorrow. My brand-new pool plaster lost its blue pigment color after 40 days. I can't get either the pool maintenance company or the plaster contractor to tell me why it happened. I was looking at repolishing the plaster but when you start to sand off the surface, a dark midnight blue comes out which isn't the original plaster color (see my profile picture...that's what it use to look like now it's just grey. Anyway, I think this product would be the answer to my problem so looking for anyone who might have used it before or know someone that does. One of the reviewers said they've used it twice, the first application lasted 9 years!! Sider-Proof FF-PR - Roll-On Pool Plaster

Ok, thanks! Yes I did read about that dispute issue so I figured it was complicated to some point. But I’m any event, I’m hearing in your post that re-plastering is the best way to go to renew the pool and get rid of the surface plaster cracks? In terms of resurfacing to have a more algae resistant surface, is there something else or in addition to replastering? I have a feeling that it’s probably just weekly brushing and proper chemicals, right? Just getting tired of the maintenance, I guess.
You don’t need weekly brushing, at least I don’t. If you maintain get FC/CYA chart on TFP. Though I think new plaster have some brushing requirements to be aware of but I think that’s only when it’s “new”.

Also make sure to read the “warranty” page of what’s required to get the warranty. Also, the installation instructions are proprietary and so you don’t know what they are until you buy it? It’s a bit creepy.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.