Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Test results

FC. 6.5
Cc. 0
TA. 90
PH 7.8+ hard to see
Cya 60 - 70 ish. I wish there was a drop test for this. I can still kind of see the dot

Pool looks greatEF604C8B-8E5E-4A0E-A96B-EE8FD823A6D6.jpeg49D42D45-839A-413E-B5F1-D6292882D1AD.jpeg. I’ll be away for a few days till Sunday so I added 2 bags of cal hypo shock and loaded the pucks into the chlorinator

What is your Calcium Hardness, CH ppm?
--edit-- just looked at your test log so 350+ppm
I would bump up your FC with liquid too.
Pull out whats left of the tabs when you return.
Have fun. :cheers:

After dosing my pool last night for my 3 days away (I am away but family will use pool)
So it 8.1 safe to swim or do i need to take it down to below 7.8? I cold circle back and do that. If 8.1 is safe I will let it ride till Sunday
FC 15
CC 0
PH Shows 8.0 or higher on the block and 8.1 on the meter I got with my TF-Pro kit
TA 80
CH 300
CYA 80 (jumped since last night I guess bc I loaded the pucks) I wish there was a more easily discernable test

pH test is invalid when FC is above 10 ppm.

High pH may cause eye irritation. But is not overall dangerous.

Will be doing a water exchange this weekend. my CYA is 70-80 and I don't want it to get too much higher. I am still using pucks for the rest of the season then to a SWG.

So the fill water will be colder than the pool.

What the best place to drain from and fill to?

Thanks

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Can this test be performed after the sun goes down ? I won’t be back until 8pm and the sun will be low if not set.
Not accurately.

Last edited:
Here are my results using the TF-Pro

TC 6
CC 0
TA 90
PH 7.8
Cya 80
CH 325

These numbers are after an approximate 2000 gallon dump and refill.

I am still not too confident on the CYA test in my TF100 pro kit. I glance away and look back. I can still see it - but not really. It’s kind of frustrating.

Btw- Pool looks Amazing. But I live in fear of a chlorine drop and a bloom at 80 CYA

Thanks for any input.

2000 gallons from a 34500 gallon pool is not going to effect anything. So your CYA remaining at 80 ppm is realistic as the test is not accurate to that level (5% change in water).

Just maintain your FC level based on FC/CYA Levels. Best to keep the FC at or above 10 ppm. Let it drop to 10 ppm or just below once a week to test pH.

I ran the robot early this morning and pulled him when done 2.5-3 hours. Cleaned him up really well. I also hose off the body and power cord.

Put him away and enjoyed tbe day.

I’m just noticing that where I hosed of the robot and the power cord there is a white “mark”?on the deck where I hoses him off.

Is this chlorine residue ? Never had that before but I never ran my FC this high before.

Thanks

Almost certainly not. I'm sure the experts (I'm not one) will ask you for a full set of test results. White could be calcium. And the water you used to wash is a possible source.

We were supped to leave early today. However plans changed. I dosed the pool with 2 each 1lb bags of cal hypo shock at 3:40.

We are not leaving till after dinner. Kids want to swim.

Is this safe ?

FC was 6 before shocking the pool. Was aiming for FC of 10 before I left.

Keeping kids out of pool till I get some feedback.

Thanks

Jeff

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.