Overland Park, KS
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Realizing that these are older threads (below), I do have some information that I feel will be helpful should someone search the forum for issues with the ScreenLogic Protocol Adapter being picked up by the PC based ScreenLogic application. I had this issue crop up a while back when I had to reattach a wire that came loose from the green multiwire plug and the PA lost power unexpectedly. Once rewired, I plugged everything back in and when the log on screen of the ScreenLogic application came up, the IP address of the PA didn't prefill like it always did before. Attempting to log in produced a screen that said "ScreenLogic Trying To Connect" that went nowhere. I looked at various threads in this forum and found several with remedies such as (1) unplug everything, wait 5 minutes and replug, (2) change the IP address of your router and (3) cycle your router, etc. None of that worked so I was frustrated when I found the Pentair hardcopy instructions for resetting the PA, followed them and still no reset.

What FINALLY worked for me and I discovered it quite by accident, is that resetting the PA by using a paperclip to press the reset button once as instructed didn't work. What I had to do was take the paperclip and press the reset button THREE times in succession (with maybe a quarter second pause between each press). As I pressed it the third time, the PA slightly vibrated in my hand (sort of like a muted phone does) and then it reset. I brought the ScreenLogic application back up and BOOM, the IP address pre-filled and the system logged on. Don't know if this is just MY protocol adapter that's fussy about resets or not, but thought I'd pass the info along.

Problems with Pentair Screenlogic
Intellitouch Screen Logic Problem
New Router and Can't Connect Screenlogic
ScreenLogic connecting but not communicating (so to speak)
Pentair ScreenLogic stopped working

I am hopeful that this info will assist someone else in the future and serve as a reminder for me if I forget what I've learned!!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.