Researching replacement Pump and Motor

May 1, 2017
Houston
Hi All,

I've got a very noisy old motor and a leaky pump. I've tried replacing the O rings and the pump is still leaking. I suspect either a crack in the pump housing that I can't see or possibly the adhesive in the inlet PVC came undone and it could be leaking from there. I have zero experience doing this type of thing but I'm up to the challenge. I think my plan is to saw the PVC as close to the inlet and outlet on the pomp and remove completely the pump and motor. Examine it for cracks which I expect to find and replace both. I think it may be possible to fix motor by replacing bearings but I think I prefer to replace the unit...probably more than 20 years old.

The pump and motor are:Century Centurion Motor 1.5HP, 230/115
Hayward SP3010X15AZ Pump

I'm considering replacing with:
Pentair 340039 SuperFlo High Performance Single Speed Pool Pump, 1½ Horsepower, 115/230 Volt, 1 Phase
Is this a good option? I like it because it has good reviews and can be ordered for a decent price. It also matches style of my Pentair DE filter.

The Pentair SuperFlo appears to have a 1.5 in. internal slip so If i go with it I'll need to redo some plumbing as currently I have 2 in. internal and external slips. Will this be a problem as far as the fluid dynamics go? Can I just get a 2 in to 1.5 in. adapter coupling and be good?

Thanks! Let me know if i'm way in over my head.

Beluga_J

Attachments

• Pool_Filtration_System.PNG
    Pool_Filtration_System.PNG
    332.2 KB · Views: 14
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.