Replumbing time.

dickeystorm

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 7, 2010
Lake Jackson, TX
Lookingt for advice on replumbing. I have 4 or 5 leaks and a heater I don't need and can't use. I'm not sure where all the lines come/go from so I'm a little confused on the best way to optimize the plumbing. There is a p trap built into the line going into the heater, do I need to keep that in the system?

The multi valve is leaking around the center shaft, is that just a simple o-ring? The spider gasket was replaced last year. I did see some minor pitting in the bottom inside.

The pool has 2 lines coming from the pool and 2 returning but I don't know from what to what, any tricks to figure this out?

There are 2 floor drains in the spa and one inthe deep end plus a skimmer. There are eyeballs in each side (spa/pool)

I'm open to any ideas.

Thanks

Attachments

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
You can figure out which pipe coming out of the ground is which by turning the valve(s) and seeing what changes at the pool. I suspect that one side of each is spa and the other pool, but you never know.

The multi-port fix is fairly easy. The simplest thing to do is to get a rebuild kit, which will have all of the o-rings and springs and replace all of the parts that normally wear out.

There is no need for the p-trap. I suspect it is either supporting the pipe physically or was detouring around an obstruction that is gone now. It has obviously be re-plumbed a couple of times already.