Replacing Pool Pump Motor - Need Recommendations

Jun 16, 2015
Voorhees, NJ
I have a Pentair Ultra Flow with an AO Smith 2 HP Motor (Model K48N2PA105C4). I broke the impeller on Sunday while I was trying to clean it. I ordered a new one along with a seal shaft and replacement O-rings. I was in the process of changing it, but I can't remove the seal plate. I realized that the pump is all rusted on the bottom. I've been trying to pry the motor from the seal plate, but it's stuck at the bottom. It won't release, which I assume has something to do with the corrosion. I'm so aggravated that I'm wondering if I should just replace the whole motor. I've attached pictures below. The seal plate is stuck near the two bottom bolts.

I currently have a 2 HP motor, but the diffuser and impeller are 1.5 HP. I had the motor replaced 10 years ago, so I assume that they upsized it. I'm not sure if I should get another 2 HP motor or go with a 1.5 HP instead. Any recommendations for which one I should get?

IMG_0321.jpg

IMG_0320.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.