Replacing Pentair Globrite lights

cjs127

May 18, 2017
Saint Marys
I have 4 globrites in my pool and 3 are out. I'm looking at installing them myself but have an issue. EVERY post/video/manual i can find on the install instructions call for pulling new cable. However, it appears I only have one cable coming from all 4 lights to my transformer box. In other words, the 4 lights are spliced together somewhere under my pool or cement that i don't have access to. There is no way for me to pull a new cable from any of the lights back to the box.

The question is then, is it an absolute must to pull a new cable for these lights? Do they have a connector on the back of the light that can be unplugged and plugged into the replacement light?

thanks in advance

Stoopalini

Gold Supporter
Jun 8, 2020
Central Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Are you sure there's not a junction box at your equipment pad? From what I can tell, there's usually only one wire from the transformer to a junction box, and each light will have a run of wire to the junction box, where they are tied to the single wire going to the transformer.

Here is my equipment pad, with the transformer on the right, and the junction box on the left. There's 5 conduits on the bottom of my junction box (1 for the wires coming from the pool transformer and landscaping transformer, one for each of the 3 pool lights, and the last one leads out for my landscaping lights).

1597320675226.png

Reactions: guinness

cjs127

May 18, 2017
Saint Marys
Are you sure there's not a junction box at your equipment pad? From what I can tell, there's usually only one wire from the transformer to a junction box, and each light will have a run of wire to the junction box, where they are tied to the single wire going to the transformer.

Here is my equipment pad, with the transformer on the right, and the junction box on the left. There's 5 conduits on the bottom of my junction box (1 for the wires coming from the pool transformer and landscaping transformer, one for each of the 3 pool lights, and the last one leads out for my landscaping lights).

View attachment 157944

Hmmm. I'm not sure. I will look for sure. thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.