Replacing old salt cell

mijmic

Silver Supporter
Nov 22, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Welcome to the forum!
In general the Circupool SWCG's are well regarded for non-automation installs here on the forum. The company has a representative that posts and monitors the forum, @circupool.

Just be sure your selection is rated for at least 2X your pool volume.

I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

NOTE: Moved from here.

I'm looking to replace my 5 year old SWG (Jandy PLC 1400) as I'm again apparently in need of another sensor that has gone bad (continuous "No Flow" reading) according to my pool service company. It was just replaced (Jandy Port Sensor Kit, 3 Port Cell, 16' Cable; Part# R0452500) last April.

My freeform Shotcrete pool is about 32,000 gallons or so. In regards to the CircuPool SWG's, the RJ-45 Plus gives a capacity of 45,000 max, with the "suggested sizing" for southern climate (I'm in Charlotte, NC) at 33,000 gallons. The RJ-60 Plus gives a capacity of 60,000 max, with the "suggested sizing" for southern climate at 47,000 gallons. Which would be recommended? If I'm interpreting the 2X volume rating suggestion, I'm guessing the RJ-60 Plus as at 60,000 max, it's roughly 2X my 32,000 gallon capacity pool.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm looking to replace my 5 year old SWG (Jandy PLC 1400) as I'm again apparently in need of another sensor that has gone bad (continuous "No Flow" reading) according to my pool service company. It was just replaced (Jandy Port Sensor Kit, 3 Port Cell, 16' Cable; Part# R0452500) last April.

My freeform Shotcrete pool is about 32,000 gallons or so. In regards to the CircuPool SWG's, the RJ-45 Plus gives a capacity of 45,000 max, with the "suggested sizing" for southern climate (I'm in Charlotte, NC) at 33,000 gallons. The RJ-60 Plus gives a capacity of 60,000 max, with the "suggested sizing" for southern climate at 47,000 gallons. Which would be recommended? If I'm interpreting the 2X volume rating suggestion, I'm guessing the RJ-60 Plus as at 60,000 max, it's roughly 2X my 32,000 gallon capacity pool.

Thanks!

Mij,

You are correct. The RJ-60 is the one that complies with TFP. Can't always be exactly 2x because of the models offered but the RK-60 is close enough. And with this brand you'll get full warranty even if you do it yourself. With Jandy you get no warranty if you DIY.

I hope this helps.

Chris

Note to the moderator that moved this post to it's own. Thanks so much! Chris

Hey Chris, thanks for your response above! I think though you meant RJ-60 vs. RK-60? Do you know if this CircuPool RJ-60 is fully compatible with Jandy's PureLink Sub-Panel Power Center? All of my equipment is Jandy, which is now approaching its 6th summer as my install was completed early June of '14.

On an aside, I'm curious as to why the moderator moved this from the "Replacing Salt System" thread and created this new one under "Replacing Old Salt Cell?" It seems that my initial comment was relative in nature, and I didn't want to create another seperate thread as it would appear relatively redundant in nature and unneeded cluttering, for a lack of a better word.

Thanks!

The RJ60 is the best size for your 32K pool. Bugger is always better in SWG's andmist other thinsg.

On an aside, I'm curious as to why the moderator moved this from the "Replacing Salt System" thread and created this new one under "Replacing Old Salt Cell?" It seems that my initial comment was relative in nature, and I didn't want to create another seperate thread as it would appear relatively redundant in nature and unneeded cluttering, for a lack of a better word.

Forum Etiquette
7. Do not hijack by attaching your question onto someone's thread. Start your own even if the topic is directly related. Then answers intended for you will not be confused with answers intended for someone else.

The RJ60 is the best size for your 32K pool. Bugger is always better in SWG's andmist other thinsg.

Forum Etiquette
7. Do not hijack by attaching your question onto someone's thread. Start your own even if the topic is directly related. Then answers intended for you will not be confused with answers intended for someone else.

Thanks! My bad in regards to the cited Forum Rules & Etiquette 7. I've been a member for a while, but I don't post that often, so it wasn't anything intentionally disrespectful. This is a great site, very informative & friendly, etc., and I'm appreciative that it exists. Again, my apologies.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.