Replacing cartridges

rayn84

Nov 7, 2013
Peoria, AZ
Hey All! I am looking at replacing the cartridges on my sta-rite system 3 model s8m600 filter. My problem is when I look up the part numbers from the owners manual they a show up as being for the s8m500 or s8m150 model. I couldn't find much info on the filter model itself either so I called the pool builder today and was told they are the only ones I can get the cartridges from, they are $900 and I would be better off just replacing the whole filter. What the heck! Talk about a scam!

I am wondering if I just get the cartridges with the right part numbers online that they should be the correct ones??? It's looking to me like they just came up with a special model number for the pool builder just so they can screw idiots like me. Oi!

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Jennifer

Hey Pat! I actually did call them first and they said the part numbers brought up the other model numbers just like I found online. She said they didn't have info on the model I have. I thought maybe it was a discontinued model so that's why I called the builder next.

Yes, I found both part numbers listed at pool supply world. My only concern is when I click on them it says they go to different model numbers than what I have. I am thinking if the part numbers are right tho they should fit. Does that seem reasonable?

Not much help, but I have a different System 3 filter and there is a label on the lid which lists the two filters and model numbers. I found that there were no aftermarket sources, so I ordered a set of Sta-Rite branded cartridges on eBay. There is also an alternative retro-fit system. I have no experience with it and don't know if it works with your model, but I've had it bookmarked for a long time.

Excel Filters System: 3 Retrofit Kit - Eden Equipment

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yup those are the part #s I have. I have been looking at the pool supply world site a bunch today. :p

Bignick- thanks for that website! I had no idea that was an option. I think it would be great for me, I haven't cleaned my current filters like I should because I can't move them on my own. It's cheaper too. :D

I will check out pleatco too, thanks!

You guys are full of great info!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.