Replacement O-ring RJ60+ SWG

kchinger

Aug 20, 2017
Southeast PA
I realized when putting my pool back together that I forgot to order a new o-ring to replace one I somehow lost or tore when closing.

Replacements for my rj60 from circupool are about $21 including shipping, and that's just for ground. I was hoping to maybe swim next weekend with the heater.

Can I get something local that will work? What would I look for?

I realized when putting my pool back together that I forgot to order a new o-ring for my SWG cell to replace one I somehow lost or tore when closing.

Replacements for my rj60 from circupool are about $21 including shipping, and that's just for ground. I was hoping to maybe swim next weekend with the heater.

Can I get something local that will work? What would I look for?

My local Ace Hardware carries every conceivable size of o-ring both English and Metric sizes. You can bring the old one or the fitting and I’m sure you can find a replacement. Most union sized o-rings run about $0.50 to $1

Thanks. Struck out at Leslie's (duh), Home Depot, and Ace, but Lowe's had an assorted bag that looked like it might have something close enough. I'll see tomorrow. Ideally it stops the leak, but I'd be happy if it slowed it down enough until I can get the real ones at least.

I posted on January 15 about the o-rings on my RJ-30 that I suspect are the same as those used on the RJ-60+. They appeared to be 4 mm diameter cord with an ID of 60 or 61 mm. This is a standard metric size but I suspect unavailable at any local hardware stores. McMaster-Carr and some metric supply houses could supply that size but the material may be different. The Circupool o-rings are very soft clear o-rings, probably silicone, and they mate with a non-standard (narrower and shallower than normal) grooves. The o-rings won't stay in the groove during assembly, they must be centered over the groove and forced-in when the union is tightened/closed. At least that's how mine were. Buying anything but the direct replacement could be problematic. O-rings that look like the Circupool ones can be found on Ebay but they all seem to be coming from Hong Kong; still inexpensive but could take a week plus to be delivered and who knows if the hardness is correct or close enough to work as intended.

I posted on January 15 about the o-rings on my RJ-30 that I suspect are the same as those used on the RJ-60+. They appeared to be 4 mm diameter cord with an ID of 60 or 61 mm. This is a standard metric size but I suspect unavailable at any local hardware stores. McMaster-Carr and some metric supply houses could supply that size but the material may be different. The Circupool o-rings are very soft clear o-rings, probably silicone, and they mate with a non-standard (narrower and shallower than normal) grooves. The o-rings won't stay in the groove during assembly, they must be centered over the groove and forced-in when the union is tightened/closed. At least that's how mine were. Buying anything but the direct replacement could be problematic. O-rings that look like the Circupool ones can be found on Ebay but they all seem to be coming from Hong Kong; still inexpensive but could take a week plus to be delivered and who knows if the hardness is correct or close enough to work as intended.

Yeah, I don't mind paying Circupools prices, but it looks like it's gonna be an extra $12 shipping, which is pretty absurd for ground shipping 2 small o-rings. I might have to call them or something and get a discount, they could stick those in a small mailer and get them here in 3 days for $2.

It turns-out that oringsandmore.com has 60 mm ID by 4.0 MM cord red silicone o-rings for $1.50 each plus shipping. They are 70 durometer hardness, probably harder than the Circupool o-rings. I've used this company for other o-rings and they ship very quickly. They carry nothing softer in any material.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.