Replacement Light fixture

jwilk_1

Apr 5, 2020
Central Florida
Hi - I’m about to swap out my 23yr old light fixture and install a new, like and kind (Pentair Amrilite) fixture. My initial question is concerning the mixed reviews/responses throughout the internet and other people I know about the need to seal up the conduit out the back of the niche. Some people I know have it sealed some do not.
I can see both sides of the issue;
A) seal it up to ensure no leaks
B) sealant shouldn’t be required if the conduit is sealed considering the other end of the conduit is 3’ above the water level of the pool.

In the scenario where I seal up the hole in the back of the niche. I plan to just drop the water level 2’ so I can seal it up easily.

Is there any special considerations with dropping the water level 2 feet that I should be aware of before doing so?

Welcome to TFP.

It is easier putting a bit of pool putty on the conduit now then going back in later if the conduit starts leaking water.

Dropping the water 2 feet is not a problem on a gunite pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.