Replacement Heater in Houston

Cowtownag06

Sep 6, 2021
Houston,TX
Looks like my heater has kicked the bucket. I've already replaced the stack flu sensor. Now it runs for about 10 minutes, then says has the service light come on with no error code. Can anyone recommend someone in Houston to replace? Or can I buy one from Leslie's and do it myself? I'm decently handy and I figure with the plumbing and electric all there, it might not be too bad.

See the Coffee Bar forum. Someone in Houston area is selling a heater.

It's an Pentair, but I don't know anything else about it. Pool is 18k gal.

Here's an odd update.... I just turned it to Spa mode and it works great. Heated the spa 10 degrees in less than an hour, sound great, no errors. However, it appear there is small leak inside. I flip it back to heat the pool and it makes a ton of sputtering noises, then the service light comes and it shuts off.

Any idea why it would work well in spa mode but not pool?

You have a low flow problem in pool mode.

The flow to your spa is greater then the flow to your pool.

Check your filter PSI and clean your filter.

Up your pump RPM if you have a VS pump.

Check your valves.

Tell us what equipment you have by creating your signature with details of your pool and equipment.

This is a common problem and usually not a problem with the heater itself. Or it can be a problem with the thermal regulator or the bypass valve. Both easy to replace.

Post pics of your equipment pad.

When was your filter last cleaned?

What is the filter PSI?

Lots I can't see from one angle of your equipment pad. Post pics from various angles to show all the pipes and valves if you want more help.

Cleaned the cartridges about 6 weeks ago (full soak in cleaner and spray). Psi is 30 on max (4) setting on the pump. More pics coming. there is a fence preventing me from getting straight on. Right now, pushing through the pump at max seems to have worked. I’m going to give it an hour and see. Then I’ll play with lowering it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.