Oct 26, 2015
Queen Creek, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello,

We had a decent run with this dreaded Hayward Pump after replacing the $450 non-servicable motor and impeller/housing once.

Now we have the drive stall error so I know the controller is bad. We have no added automation, just need it to run on a timer.

Does anyone know if the replacement motor and drive for the newer model TriStar VS pump, PN SPX3206Z1VSPE will fit? (that's around $1200 instead of $1400-1500 for the entire pump)
  • PN SPX3206Z1VSPE - Hayward 2.7HP Tristar VS G3 Pump Power End Assembly
Another option is a Century VGreen 2.7hp motor and controller: (less expensive at ~$700)
  • PN ECM27SQU - AO Smith Century VGreen 270 Square Flange Variable Speed Pool Motor 2.7HP 230V
I would replace it with a Pentair, but the plumbing is very tight and I just do not have the bandwidth to mess with that right now. May move in the next year or two anyway.

Any info or assistance is appreciated.

Thanks!

Not4You

Oct 26, 2015
Queen Creek, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I also have seen that the Century controller is not water tight. My pump is in the elements so that seems like a deal breaking issue to me.

Not4You

Oct 26, 2015
Queen Creek, AZ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
It looks like there is a kit to mount the Century controller to a wall. It is Century P/N 2512723-001

I may end up going with this option. I also contacted Hayward and have not heard back from them.

Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread