replacement cartridge filters for Sta-Rite S7M120

rkidmike

Sep 1, 2021
Orange County, CA
Hi, I'm hoping to find some help with a Sta-Rite System 3 S7M120 that was already installed when I bought my home.

I came across this thread that the S7M120 is identical to the S7M400, except for a difference in cartridges:

From info I found online, the difference between the systems is:
  • S7M120 provides 300 square feet of filter area and has a 100 gallon per minute flow rate
  • S7M400 provides 400 square feet of filter area and has a 115 gallon per minute flow rate

Does anyone know if I can simply purchase the filter cartridges for S7M400 and install them into my S7M120? From online pricing, the cost for the filters are similar.

And speaking of online pricing, any recommendations for where to purchase filter cartridges? It seems like OEM is the way to go...but it's hard to tell on some listings if they are OEM.

Hey Mike !!!

Go to the Pentair website and ask on the Q&A section. I did similar for a member with one size being phased out (450 to 500 maybe?) The different filters all fit that filter housing, I forget now if it was the S7M or S8M but Pentair came back and said that both would fit. They took 3 days to answer and I got it from the source. (y)

Pleatco is a great replacement brand.

Hey Mike !!!

Go to the Pentair website and ask on the Q&A section. I did similar for a member with one size being phased out (450 to 500 maybe?) The different filters all fit that filter housing, I forget now if it was the S7M or S8M but Pentair came back and said that both would fit. They took 3 days to answer and I got it from the source. (y)

Pleatco is a great replacement brand.
Thanks for the info!

I sent a message on the Pentair website and hopefully they'll get back to me.

I looked into Pleatco...unfortunately it looks like they don't make filters for the Sta-Rite System 3.

Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.