Replaced SS motor with Variable and have wiring question

timm747

Apr 8, 2020
Saint Augustine, FL
Hi, I have a Pentair Whisperflo pump and I just replaced the motor with a Century VGreen 165 variable speed motor with the VLink wifi adapter (which gets its power from the VGreen motor). My Pentair IC40 is attached to the intellichlor wall unit for power which attaches into the timer box. The pump motor also attaches into the timer box, but I'd prefer to use the timer settings in the phone app vs the archaic spinning dial in the box. But if I cut the power via the spinning timer I'm 99% sure I'll lose all settings in the Vlink wifi adapter.

Do you guys know if there is a way to wire the pool motor into the timer box so it has constant power and bypasses the timer, or the better way which would be to wire the IC40 into the Century VGreen so it kicks on when the pump does?

Thanks for any help!

Tim

The V green needs constant power so that will not work unless you run your IC40 all the time also but you already have it wired that way... so you would need to pull the pin in your timer to supply power to your pump constantly... The way around this would be to run direct power to your pump and leave the IC40 on the timer...

Is the IC 40 and pump connected at the timer? If so you could leave the IC 40 where it is and move the pump power wires to the incoming power side of the timer... Remember to turn off the breaker from your main panel and testing to ensure no power is at the timer when doing any of this.. :)

Yes, both are connected at the timer. However it looks like for some odd reason the VGreen/Vlink isn't losing wifi settings after its powered off for 24 hours, so they must have a battery backup. I might move the pump to the constant power in panel this weekend so the VGreen always stays on. That way I can always look at its status, etc. Thanks for the tip! Looks like the next higher up model has aux power for this kind of situation. Had I known that I would have spent the extra $200 for it.

Tim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.