Replaced Intellitouch Pad - now it won't control pump

immuneone

Mar 30, 2020
Carrboro, NC
I just replaced my indoor intellitouch pad (the handheld wireless burnt out). Everything is good, cleaner, ozonator, chlorinator, and waterfall except the pump. It won't turn on. Even though I have the circuit set to pool, the screen displays hi temp and low temp as options. There is a heat pump on the system but it's powered off. Currently, the only way to run the system is to disconnect the pump and start on the pump itself. When the pump is running and I connect the wires, it does send data to the system so communications do work. I must be setting something up wrong, just can't figure out what it is.

one,

I am not sure I completely understand the problem that you are having, but here are a couple of ideas..

What specific remote do you have? How many buttons?

The remote does not normally directly control the speed of the pump... The remote lets you turn on circuits and each circuit can have a speed assigned. So, the first thing to do is to make sure that your IntelliTouch has a speed assigned for the circuit you are turning on. The second thing is that the pump will always run at the fastest speed it is being told to run. So if the Pool circuit is 1200 RPM and you have the Cleaner circuit on at a speed of 1800... selecting Pool will not reduce the speed to 1200, unless you shut off the cleaner first.

Tell me what speeds are set up for your system...

Menu, Settings, IntelliFlo, pump #1, speeds.. You should see 1/8 for 8 possible speeds.. Each assigned speed will show a corresponding Circuit.

Do you have a spa? If so, the circuit displaying Hi/Lo temperature indicates your system thinks it is a single body system (no spa).

Thanks,

Jim R.

no remote - the wall mount unit. Had the intellipad but in burned out. Never really used it in a "portable" mode. When it burned out, I was able to control the system for two years using screen logic but.... used up all the egg timers and couldn't clear out schedules. Got the hardwired panel, deleted about 58 schedules, removed the remote board and connected the system. It can control the cleaner and the ozonator (seems to be an issue with the waterfall valve but that may be a programming thing). It will not control the motor. It defaults to hi/lo. There is no spa - The panel is Pentair IntelliTouch | Indoor Wired Control Panel | 520138. The sequence is menu-setup-equipment-intelliflow-the only selection is what are connected to the relays along with low-temp. There is a submenu to set up speeds. The system in the past would connect to pool, not low- temp.

A step closer - cleared the eprom and was able to get the pump assigned to pool, however, I had used the pump in manual mode ( touch panel speed controller) because of the pollen build-up. Pump still won't come on (pad does see unit). I don't know if this is b/c of a conflict with the controller on the pump. Is there a way to "clear' the panel on the pump?

fixed it - reset the control panel on the VF pump and now everything is controlled. - bottom line: the system chip sets(intellitouch power panel, pump) needed to be reset. Once that was done, system could be reprogrammed "as built".

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.