Replaced incandescent bulb with LED bulb, won’t turn on.

May 13, 2018
Henderson, NV
I have a Pentair housing in my pool and spa. I wanted to replace my incandescent bulb with an LED. However, the bulb won’t turn on. When I put the incandescent back in, works fine. When I test the led bulb in a standard fixture, works fine. I’m not sure what this spring is that touches the bulb, but perhaps that’s related?

1CBA2413-2CF0-4259-BED4-9A313ED2F53F.jpeg

Well, read the Amazon description a bit more carefully:

Lamp housing is not suitable: lamp housing is not suitable, too small lamp housing or not some series Pentair /Hayward lamp housing is not suitable

So it seems I must return these. Any suggestions for led bulbs that will work with this 120v pentair housing?

A,

If what you have is an actual 120 volt fixture, I would assume it would blow up a 12 volt bulb in about a microsecond... :(

Are you sure that that what you have is an actual 120 fixture.. Some fixtures have step down transformers in them.. So you send the fixture 120 and it converts it to 12 volts before sending it to the bulb..

Have you actually measured the voltage that the fixture sends to the bulb???

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.