Replace tiles at waterline level

Switched

Dec 25, 2019
Adelaide
Hi All.
I have a 35 year old pool, concrete and fully tiled. I can’t get the tiles any longer and a few are missing around waterline. - I suspect they were taken for repairs over the years
Can I remove 4 rows of the existing tiles at the waterline to refresh them with something else without any major dramas? My existing tiling is fully the same style, so replace waterline means there is two styles of tiles in the pool. I can’t find examples of this so wondering if there is a good reason.

Most do not have all tile pools and I bet/guess it would be less than 5% of all pools are all tile... I am getting ready to take the challenge of building an all tile pool in the next couple years :)

The problem will be getting someone to do an all tile pool with the correct systems to waterproof and install the tiles.. There are many more tile installers doing tile pools in AUS, more than here so you should be able to find a contractor to do the job...

Do you know how it was tiled the first time because if some tiles are just now starting to come off I want to do and use the same supplies they used :) I bet they used Ardex as they make some great stuff for pools, I just wish I could get the same products here...

Hi - No I do t know what they used. Surprisingly the pool is good for its age but as there is a few small repairs around waterline means it would be nice to refresh those only but I just can’t find evidence of seeing original tiles for the majority of the pool and then refreshed wsterlibe tiles of a different sort.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.