Replace motor?

Henry M

Silver Supporter
Oct 7, 2015
Coral Springs, Florida
Have Century V-Green 165 variable speed motor; about 7 years old. Never had an issue until now. Motor randomly stops. When it does, red fault light blinks for about a minute, then motor resumes running at prime speed. Once past normal prime speed , motor runs at the speed for that step & remains at that speed for a random period of time, then suddenly stops & the pattern described returns. Motor does not stop when stop button is pressed, nor does it respond when override button is pressed. User manual indicates that "when the FAULT LED is blinking ever one second (which it does), a FAULT is present in the user interface".

Cannot find any useful web site; and have received no response from company for the past week. Am at a complete loss & widely open for suggestions. Many thanks.

*** Whoops! press stop and override for 3 seconds at least to reset***

Allen, yes this is the same model I have. I've only had the unit in service 5 months so I have limited experience with it. Here's what I'd do though:
  • Cycle power
  • Reset to defaults (press stop and override for 2 secs)
  • I would also remove power and open the cover on the wire terminal compartment. The very tiny o-ring around the screw has a history of failure. If you find water inside dry it out and blow dry to be sure is thoroughly dry.
  • If a short in this sompartment damaged the control permanently you'll have to replace it. I believe it's available separately. If this works put a piece of tape over it for a few days to be sure it's fixed then replace it with a dob of sealant.
I hope this helps.

Chris

Last edited:
Reactions: Oly
This is a normal event for certain conditions. There are several situations that invoke Fault status and I don't think all are well-documented yet. The unit goes into Fault Mode to protect from damage to the control module. Most of the time it's just a power blip and it will resolve itself within a few minutes. See p 25 and 28 of the manual Allen posted. Mine has only had this happen once when I was first messing with the speed control settings on the control pad. Heart skipped a beat when I thought I had ruined it! Before I could make it back to the breaker box the unit cycled itself and even had all the programing retained. Don't forget to add the blob of UV resistant sealant on the cover bolt. The leak doesn't happen for a long time... maybe a couple of years but it can destroy the motor so not worth waiting.

Good luck.

Chris

Yes, that's the only reported problem that I could find... looks like my o-ring is very tough (Viton I'm guessing). Maybe they upgraded it?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.