Replace an Aquapure with a Pentair Intellichlor?

Mar 16, 2017
Fort Worth, Texas
Long time no see (mainly because my pool is very trouble free thanks to this forum). My Aquapure 1400 is throwing a code 121. This cell was installed August of 2020. The first cell was installed July of 2018. The first cell that failed was replaced under the 3 year warranty. I assumed this one would be as well since it had been less than 2 years, however the pool installer said that on warrantied cells like that one, they only give a 1 year so I would have to pay to replace it. Quoted $1450 plus a service call of $150 to do so after they tried replacing the cord (which obviously did not work). My question is since the pool is ~30,000 gallons, the aquapure is only rated for 40K gallons, I live in Texas and the pool is in the sun nearly all day making that unit barely big enough (during the worst of summer its running like 22 hours a day), can I replace the cell with a IC60? I have the iAqualink system, I have no issues if the salt cell isn't controlled via the web, just need to make sure the unions/fitting are essentially the same and that the salt cell wouldn't run when the pump was.

From our Aquapure Wiki article

Error 121​

A 121 error can occur for a number of different reasons: dirty cell, damaged cell, bad cell cable, low salt level, cell wearing out due to age, or damaged power supply.

Test the salt level with a K-1766 Taylor Salt Test.

You can replace the entire system with a Pentair IC if you wish. You will need the Power Supply and cell. You will need to replace the fittings as the Pentair cell uses proprietary unions. You would have to wire the Power Center such that the cell does not get power when the pump is off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.