Repair or Replace Vacuum Hose?

appstategrad

Jul 12, 2014
Hickory, NC
How long does the typical pool vacuum hose last? I am beginning my 6th summer, and the hose is stored indoors the majority of the time. It has a few scuffs from the cement, but I noticed a small broken area about 10 inches from the non-swivel (skimmer) end of my hose last night. (So small that it was hard to find, but of course any air suction is going to interfere with the vacuum.) I temporarily have duct tape around it which works for the moment. If I repair, I'd still have plenty of hose to vacuum the entire pool after I remove the damaged length of hose.

I found this online: Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose Threaded Cuff 1.5in 211 Amazon.com : Swimming Pool Vacuum Hose Threaded Cuff 1.5in 211 : Plumbing Hoses : Garden & Outdoor

Are the threads standard for any hose? Is this what I need or should I order something else?

Thank you!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.