my pool is about 22 years old and overdue for an overhaul - cement decking is cracked - pool plaster stained in spots.
- my thoughts are if you replace the deck, you then redo the coping, redo the pool plaster, redo the raised stone spa.
- i want thoughts of TFP members - have talked to anthony-sylvan and blue haven in the past 12 months
- my questions include
- pavers vs stamped concrete vs a combination of things? (we have cement - lots of cracks in the main patio space - half baked job by installer not putting enough expansion joints in a large area)
- coping - brick or coping blocks or cantilevered ? (we have cantilevered - several pool facing areas cracked and had to be patched with pool epoxy)
- pool finish - anything in particular to look for/avoid?
- filter and heater are fairly new so would keep - i assume get a salt chlorine converter.