Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi,

Pool renovation is coming a long faster than I expected. We are having new equipment installed and a liner which may be done this week. I’m in S.E. PA and current low average at night is 45 and day time average is 65. We are converting to salt with an IC40. I know it’s not warm enough to use the pool yet without the heater hooked up, but given it’s already mid April, I am thinking it makes sense to just open the pool once it’s filled. I think water temp will be borderline for the salt generator, so plan to start it off on chlorine for now until we get heater finished or water temperature rises. Does this make sense, or should I just cover it and wait a month or so? Also our safety cover ripped during the winter and I’d like to wait to order a new one, if we open or just cover I figured the solar cover would suffice for the next 4 weeks or so, any reason I shouldn’t use the solar cover for now?

Reactions: Casey
Just leave the pool open after your renovation.

I am North of you and my pool opens this week.

Reactions: Casey
Definitely open the pool. I would order a new cover as soon as possible because of how limited items are due to covid.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.