Renovated pool with plaster on grout

Apr 17, 2018
Hoover, AL
Hello,
We are in the final stages of renovating our pool. We had the tile, grout and plaster replaced. Our contractor doesn't always show up and there is some language barrier with his workers.
We chose gray grout and when they plastered the pool the plaster is now covering the grout in many places. We would like to wrap this project up with the weather getting nicer.
How can we (the contractor) remove the plaster from the grout without damaging the grout?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Tony

Attachments

• IMG_3911.jpg
    IMG_3911.jpg
    409.2 KB · Views: 27
Welcome to TFP.

If it was me I would not worry about it. No one enjoying your pool will notice it except for you. There is no easy way of doing it without also removing some grout.

That said you can use acid to soften the plaster but it will soften the grout also and you may hit other areas of plaster.

Or take some grout and apply a skim coat over the plaster.

Neither of those may look better long term then the way it is now.

Hello,
We are in the final stages of renovating our pool. We had the tile, grout and plaster replaced. Our contractor doesn't always show up and there is some language barrier with his workers.
We chose gray grout and when they plastered the pool the plaster is now covering the grout in many places. We would like to wrap this project up with the weather getting nicer.
How can we (the contractor) remove the plaster from the grout without damaging the grout?
Thanks for any suggestions.
Tony
I just had a pool built and the plaster guys got white plaster over black grout. I used a grout brush (the one with plastic bristles you use for cleaning your bathroom) and a small flathead screwdriver to scrape the plaster off along with some of the grout since grout is porous. Tedious but works. I think for you the screwdriver (or maybe even a spoon) would work if you feel like tackling it. A little everyday makes a difference like most things.

Attachments

• IMG_5027.jpeg
    IMG_5027.jpeg
    289.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5035.jpeg
    IMG_5035.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: kimkats
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.