Reno suggestions for fountains

Mycall9550

Apr 5, 2017
Houston
I have these fountains, that are about 18" deep, and when the time comes to resurface I'd like to either pull them or modify. I'd prefer to not make such a significant change, but with the spa step between spa and pool the design just plain sucks. It's ridiculous.

Id also like to add a sun shelf / Baja or whatever.
Anyone with a good idea?

GDN

Bronze Supporter
Oct 17, 2016
Dallas, TX
Demo the fountains and use that area - plus the area between them where those steps are - connect it all and make a big tanning ledge around the hot tub, then some steps off the ledge down in to the pool. If the bottom of those fountains are 8 to 10 inches below the surface of the pool they are just about the right depth - wouldn't take a tremendous amount of construction.

Mycall9550

Apr 5, 2017
Houston
At 19.5" deep, from the spillway water level into the pool, that's about 9.5" deep into the pool. So it looks like the fountains are 9.5" below pool surface.

bmoreswim

Gold Supporter
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 16, 2012
Central MD
Your right. That is a ridiculous step design. Agree that the transformation of those areas to a ledge would be very nice.

Mycall9550

Apr 5, 2017
Houston
Really impractical, and I worry about someone tripping on the deck too. Riser is like 10-12".

Anyone with ideas and some cheap photoshop skills up to help visualize changes?