Removing Aquarite flow sensor without destroying it. Video

If people are replacing them, then they are not working. In which case, destroying them upon removal is not such a big deal. My video is pointed towards removing and reusing. Not physically possible to remove without destroying if you don’t have access to the inside of the pipe.

You should be able to unscrew the switch before the tab hits the lip of the hole. That should allow you to push in the tab so that you can remove the switch without damaging it. People remove them all the time without damaging them.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If there was an issue with removing the flow sensor, why would the how-to video people try to hide that?

Wouldn't they want to address it if it were something that was going to be a problem.

Post your video so people can see what you're saying is the problem. Let's see if anyone else can confirm that they had the same problem.

I can see how it can get caught, but I don't think that it's something most people have a problem with.

For anyone who has replaced a flow switch, please say if you had any problems doing it.

Don’t have video at work so cannot repost. It was deleted. So, if the “tee” is close to the cell, you could absolutely pull the cell to manipulate the sensor from inside enough to remove with destroying. Reason I made the video in the first place was to show people that it is virtually impossible to remove sensor without destroying it. Unless there is a trick that I couldn’t figure out. Kinda funny, those 2 videos linked in this thread cut the video at the same time. Anyway. Wonder how many people have unscrewed the sensor to troubleshoot only to notice the magnet was broken off, not realizing the magnet broke off upon removal not at some point in the past.

Video added.

Knowing what I know now, if this was a new installation. Or if I installed these things for a living I would make this more serviceable. I would toss the Hayward tee in the trash. I would get a 2” slip x2” slip x 1” threaded tee. I would then use a 1/2” x 1” npt reducer. Then thread the sensor into the reducer. When I need to check the sensor for trouble shooting, I would twist out the reducer bushing with sensor attached. This would work providing the sensor was long enough to make up for the extra length of reducer bushing.

So, after watching video, you took that sensor out, without knowing it would do that.
I would think they would make that “T” with a tapered hole on the inside, (sort of like an upside down funnel) so that magnet wouldn’t get hung up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.