Remote liquidator location

Shane1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2010
621
Buckeye, AZ 85326
The liquidator has caught my eye and seems like a good alternative to daily chlorine dumps.
My main issue is with the install. If I were to get one I would want to place it about 50ft away from my pump pad. I have a nice shaded area there. So how far can the LQ be away from the pump pad?

Thanks
 
G

Guest

Shane,

From our experience, not far. You lose flow the farther you are away. The closer, the better performance. Why do you want it so far away?
 

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
23,036
SouthWest Alabama
If you really need to place it that far away you might consider using a peristaltic pump instead of a Liquidator. It requires only one run of tubing and it's a positive displacement pump so the length of run doesn't affect it nearly as much.

In theory you could place the LQ that far away from the equipment but, as Sal says, in practice it just doesn't work well.

If you're determined to try it I'd run hard pipe (PVC) from the pad to the LQ site and use very short runs of tubing at the ends.
 

Shane1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2010
621
Buckeye, AZ 85326
salp said:
Shane,

From our experience, not far. You lose flow the farther you are away. The closer, the better performance. Why do you want it so far away?
The main reason I would want it that far away is so it would be in the shade. My pump area gets blasted with sun. But about 50ft away there is a corner that is well shaded.
 

JohnT

Admin
Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Apr 4, 2007
9,475
SW Indiana
Shane1 said:
salp said:
Shane,

From our experience, not far. You lose flow the farther you are away. The closer, the better performance. Why do you want it so far away?
The main reason I would want it that far away is so it would be in the shade. My pump area gets blasted with sun. But about 50ft away there is a corner that is well shaded.
Paint it. The temperature will be very close to the same as the pool water as long as the pump is running, and paint will block the light.
 

Shane1

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 29, 2010
621
Buckeye, AZ 85326
JohnT said:
Shane1 said:
salp said:
Shane,

From our experience, not far. You lose flow the farther you are away. The closer, the better performance. Why do you want it so far away?
The main reason I would want it that far away is so it would be in the shade. My pump area gets blasted with sun. But about 50ft away there is a corner that is well shaded.
Paint it. The temperature will be very close to the same as the pool water as long as the pump is running, and paint will block the light.
Thanks John, That was my next work around. I wonder why they dont come in colored plastic? I'm not willig to pull the trigger yet but whats the cost with the 3/8 upgrade shipped to 85037?

Thanks
 

Bama Rambler

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jun 22, 2009
23,036
SouthWest Alabama
$179.85 for the LQ
$ 16.95 shipping.

Don't ask where I got that price! (look at the second post from the top) ;) ;)
Of course if you want to become a TFP supporter you might get an even better price.
 
G

Guest

FYI, HASAPool is offering an additional $25.00 OFF "THE LIQUIDATOR" until October 31, 2010!!!!!