Remodel in Plano Complete-- Pool is Full

TxBwana

Silver Supporter
Mar 23, 2017
Plano, TX
​We have a 19 year old RiverBend Sandler built gunite pool, finished in white Diamond Brite, sport pool depth. (I would have made it 8+ feet deep if I had built it to help keep the water cooler in the summer, but it was here already when we moved in.)

Pool needs a new finish and I've gotten bids from a Wet Edge installer (Romos) and Pebble Tec (Classic). Looking at the Prism Matrix finishes in Constellation and Twilight and Pebble Tec in Tahoe Blue with Shimmering Sea & Luminous added for sparkle.

Does anyone here have any experience with either installer? (Neighbor used Classic a few years ago) You can message me if you don't want to say so here.

And does anyone have a thought about the Prism Matrix versus Pebble Tec with the additives? I like a blue with a hint of teal or what some call a medium dark aquamarine. I heavily landscape my yard with daylilies, iris, hibiscus, and tropicals, so I want a color that looks like a pond. In Texas, to me, that's the warmer blues.

Thanks for any input.

Re: Remodel in Plano

Welcome to the forum!

Both are excellent product brands, but I don't know what the "luminous" is. Is it glass beads or Abalone? I would choose the latter if it were me. What do you want the water color to be? I happen to prefer lighter colors, and it's only opinion, but I would want to be as close as possible to the water colors you'd find where all those tropicals go. Best you could anyway. I so wish we could grow tropicals here.

We just completed our pool with pebbletec Tahoe blue with luminous glass beads in "jade" mix (equal parts blue and green beads with some clear and gold glass). The pool color changes quite a bit depending the lighting and time if day, ranging from bright aqua to medium /dark blue or teal to almost black. Also, we have colored LED lights and this finish was just about the darkest we could do and still have the various colored lights show up well.

We opted not to use the shimmering sea (albalone) because some people have had difficulty with staining from the shells and some say the shells lose their shine over time. We are very happy with the glass beads (luminous).

The first photo is a close up in full sun of the deep end showing the swimout bench (bench depth 16 inches; total depth 6 feet).

Attachments

• IMG_2346.jpg
    IMG_2346.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_2667.jpg
    IMG_2667.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 491
  • IMG_2347.jpg
    IMG_2347.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 487
  • IMG_2257.jpg
    IMG_2257.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 480
  • IMG_2483.jpg
    IMG_2483.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 486

Really love the pool and color! I was thinking about Tahoe blue with glass beads as well, could you take a few shots of the shallow end so we can have a looksie [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is gorgeous, Yankeelawyer! Love the color and envy you the large lot. When we had a pool built in San Antonio back in 1988, we had a huge park like lot... unfortunately, where we are now, big lots are few and far between!

Re: Remodel in Plano: Need Help w/Wet Edge Prism Matrix Color Choices

We are redoing our pool too (new coping, glass tile, adding benches and Pebbletec), and we also wish our pool was deeper. Sorry, I haven't seen those finishes but we chose French Grey PebbleSheen with Shimmering Sea shells added. They just applied it today and will acid wash it tomorrow. I was inspired by the "things that inspire" pool found here Things That Inspire: The pool design process. Of course our house, yard and pool look nothing like that, but a girl can dream, right?

Re: Remodel in Plano: Need Help w/Wet Edge Prism Matrix Color Choices

We got the Wet Edge bid back.... for the Prism Matrix in Constellation, our favorite, it wound up being only $500 more than Pebble Tec in Tahoe Blue with the shells added. Not sure how much adding in the jade mix like YankeeLawyer did would add. The Pebble Brilliance prices started at $1600 more than the Prism Matrix and ranged up to almost $3000 more than the colors we liked best in the Prism Matrix... luckily for us, those were also the tier one of the Prism Matrix... we like the medium dark aquamarine.

Happy to hear they might be able to start as early as next week! These guys do Wet Edge for all the pool companies that don't do it in-house, so they have a lot of crews.

We're scheduled to start on Tuesday-- weather permitting. Considering the forecast... well, we'll see.

Here's a few photos of the pool as it currently is. I am changing over the landscaping so it's a work in progress to be completed once the pool is re-surfaced.
DSC02692.jpg

DSC02743.jpg

DSC02693.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Well, feels like some real progress was made today. They chipped out around the returns and tile, power washed, acid washed, and applied a bonding coat. Tomorrow is plaster day-- really looking forward to the new finish-- Wet Edge Prism Matrix in Constellation with extra seashell added. Then Friday it's the acid wash and fill...

Going to be cooler this weekend but that will give me time to start getting the chemicals balanced before it's swim time. Ready to test with the new kit I ordered. The TF-100 with Speed Stir.

Photos from today...

DSC02792.jpg

DSC02793.jpg

DSC02794.jpg

So excited for tomorrow!!:party::party::party::party::party::party:

Doing my happy dance... acid wash is done and water is going in... Hard to capture in a photo but the extra shells and the glass beads make it sparkle like crazy. Really love the color and all the shine! The hole in the spa floor is where the spa fountain goes... they are going to fabricate me one in gray to blend in better than the white one I currently have would.

DSC02807.jpg

DSC02808.jpg

DSC02809.jpg

DSC02813.jpg

DSC02811.jpg

DSC02812.jpg

DSC02810.jpg

Re: Remodel in Plano-- Filling the Pool Today!

Your finish looks fabulous!!! You took some terrific pictures - a nice variety including closeups. Thanks! The beads and shells are stunning! I can't wait to see the main pool area filled!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.