Registering 0 chlorine even tho I added half a gallon a few days ago.

Jul 29, 2018
Roseville, CA
We have a 13000 gallon salt water pool. I had been testing my levels weekly, and I watched the chlorine drop from 7.2 to 4.3 to eventually 2.2. I had the Intellichlor set to 60% and then I saw that it was reading cold water cut off even tho the water was 83 degrees. I added half a gallon of liquid chlorine and called out our installer's maintenance company. It took them a few days to come out, but they replaced the chlorinator under warranty. I did my test this morning, and even tho I just added chlorine, (and my conditioner is at perfect level), my test kit is reading 0 chlorine. I got out my old test kit, and it's reading 0 chlorine too. I have no idea what could possibly be going on. I've never seen this before. In the winter, sometimes it'll go a month between me adding chlorine because it's keeping it at acceptable levels.

Edit: K-2006-Salt FAS-DPD test kit.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.