Recoomended max pump speed

vjc103

Sep 23, 2019
Florida
Hi,

I am going to upgrade my single speed pump to a 100280 primarily because I want to skim bugs 24x7 and save some electricity. I have 2" plumbing.

I am planning to run at 1,200-1,500 rpm depending on how well it works for skimming/SWCG. Should I limit the max speed to 2400-2800 during priming to avoid possible cavitation ? Or there's no point in bothering ?

Thanks !

I have the Pentair 011018. I couldn't find a way to limit priming speed, only max speed. I needed to maintain higher speeds for the spa. I was able to disable priming. My pool seems to do well without the priming mode at start-up.

Just another option.

Very commom to use full speed when water features or a spa is on the pump. On my personal pool I have prime disabled too. I cant delay solar valve and if the pump comes on and its hot out the pump will run full blast on prime through the solar panels because the valve opens right away

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very commom to use full speed when water features or a spa is on the pump. On my personal pool I have prime disabled too. I cant delay solar valve and if the pump comes on and its hot out the pump will run full blast on prime through the solar panels because the valve opens right away

I am hesitant to disable prime on mine since my regular run speed is 2000rpms. If power should blip and the pump loses prime, 2000 is not enough to prime it. Theoretically, it should not lose prime for just a power outage but you never know. I don't want the pump sitting there for hours running without water.

I installed the new pump (Intelliflo 011028) today. It was a bit tricky because the new pump inlet is about 1.7" higher than the "old" one and I did not want to re-plumb the manifold. Ended up with two 45 degree couplers to transition to the inlet height.

As recommended, I set the max speed to 2,500 and running a schedule at 1,500. Not sure if I should bother lowering to 1,200 as advised here.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.