Recommended?

SteelBlue

Jul 4, 2019
Scottsdale, AZ
I have a pool that was re-pebbled last spring and have used the TFP methods since with good success. I brush the walls about once a week and use a pole-vac through the skimmer about once every two weeks. I have an in-floor pop-up cleaning system. I do notice that when I brush the walls or floor that it does kick up some dust/debris. Otherwise the pool looks great. Do you guys recommend the addition of a robot vac with this system?

Last edited:
SB,

Some IFCS work great and others not so much, as a lot has to do with the design of the system and the shape and size of the pool.

If this were my pool, I would shut of the IFCS and switch over to a Robot.. This would also eliminate the need to use any kind of manual vac.

Some pool stores will let you rent one for a week to see if you like it...

Thanks,

Jim R.

+1 what Jimrahbe said.

You don't tell us the size of your pool. If it's very small, your cleaning demands will be small also but if your pool is average or large, I would suggest a robot.....hands down.

The marketplace is clearly pointing to robots as the overall best way to clean your pool.........AND pointing away from IFCS.........they just seem to have too many glitches and don't make physical contact with your pool surface like a robot does.

Pool is 20,000 sq. ft. So I'm guessing that the robot would be recommended. The electrical cord is the only downside. I see many different Dolphin models, but scanning this forum, it would seem the S200 would be the most popular? Do the models with the overhead floats offer any significant advantages?

SB,

Before you buy a robot, I just want to make sure what you are seeing is actually dirt or debris, and not algae... Can you sweep this into a pile or at least be able to touch it or feel it...? If when you sweep it just sort of goes "poof" in a cloud and you can't feel it, it is most likely algae, which of course not a cleaner problem..

I have a couple S200's and have been impressed so far.. This is the base model, which works well for me, as I don't need all the bells and whistles.. It comes without a caddy and only has one cleaning cycle of two hours.. You can have it come on each day, every other day, or every third day.. The S300 and 300i have additional options. for a lot more money, of course...

The electrical cord to the robot is low voltage so there is no danger issue. The cable floats, so I see no reason for any overhead floats..

I bought both of mine from Margaret at Marina Pool and Spa for $700 bucks including 2 day shipping and no tax.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.