Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2018
North Central PA
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I didn't make any notes from last year except for chlorine levels and Polyquat levels for closing my AGP. Am I correct to think that pH will rise gradually by Spring? I normally run it at 7.5/7.7 when open. Should I leave it alone or lower it to close? If so, what's the recommendation? Thanks!

On a good note, water temp hit 60 this morning. Should have closing completed in the next week.

Thanks, Marty. I have a laminated version of that to take out with me during my close so I don't forget anything. Mine is a bit "customized" so that anyone could close my pool if I was unable to do so. Also have the same for opening. However, it only speaks to chlorine and polyquat; says nothing about pH.

Regardless, pH will settle in relation to the carbonate alkalinity of your TA. Not something to be concerned with on a vinyl pool unless the CH is well above 400 ppm.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.