Recommended pH Level For Pool Closing

ghall6292

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2018
North Central PA
I didn't make any notes from last year except for chlorine levels and Polyquat levels for closing my AGP. Am I correct to think that pH will rise gradually by Spring? I normally run it at 7.5/7.7 when open. Should I leave it alone or lower it to close? If so, what's the recommendation? Thanks!

On a good note, water temp hit 60 this morning. Should have closing completed in the next week.

ghall6292

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2018
North Central PA
Thanks, Marty. I have a laminated version of that to take out with me during my close so I don't forget anything. Mine is a bit "customized" so that anyone could close my pool if I was unable to do so. Also have the same for opening. However, it only speaks to chlorine and polyquat; says nothing about pH.

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Regardless, pH will settle in relation to the carbonate alkalinity of your TA. Not something to be concerned with on a vinyl pool unless the CH is well above 400 ppm.

ghall6292

Bronze Supporter
Jun 10, 2018
North Central PA
Thanks again! Sounds good. My TA is 80-ish and that's why my pH runs where it does: because it wants to... :) . My CH has been 125 almost forever, so I guess I'm good to go.

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This is an inactive thread. Any new postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. You will get much more visibility by Starting A New Thread