Recommended cleaning supplies

Personally, I think as long as the manual vac is in good condition (any brushes in good condition or replaced, attacments not cracked), I would continue to use it. We inherited a Hayward SuperVac with our pool and used it without issue for five years. It finally got old enough that the plastic was cracking, so we replaced it this year. I don't know enough about the RayVac cleaners to say.

-- Pete

loughps said:
Personally, I think as long as the manual vac is in good condition (any brushes in good condition or replaced, attacments not cracked), I would continue to use it. We inherited a Hayward SuperVac with our pool and used it without issue for five years. It finally got old enough that the plastic was cracking, so we replaced it this year. I don't know enough about the RayVac cleaners to say.

-- Pete

Do I need to get the "leaf trap" that I see in some videos...

I don't have one for my manual vac, but I use a vac plate on top of my skimmer and attach my hose there. Any large material then gets trapped in the skimmer basket. But I've only had that for a couple of years, I used to just vac to waste. I don't think the leaf trap is something you "need", but if it makes your pool care easier, you may want to add one sometime.

When there are a lot of leaves, I use a leaf bagger.
Sallie-LeafBagger.jpg

Voodoo_Pool said:
A few leaves on the bottom...just jump in and grab them! I personally don't even use the manual vacuum head. Instead I simply swim around with a mask and vacuum hose to get up any dirt/debris that my Polaris "missed". It is fun, too! :lol:

We just opened our pool, and we are in MD. Water is too Dang cold for now! lol But in the summer sounds like an awesome idea!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.