Long Island
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
So I’m looking to buy a 40 foot hose..and I’ve been looking on amazon and seeing “made in USA” hoses..which I thought to be good, but after looking at the reviews I see so many pictures of the hoses with splits and cracks and breakage.
I can’t decide on what to go with

Can anyone recommend a good reliable brand pool hose that they’ve had for awhile?

thanks everyone!

The hose kit that came with my Zodiac G3 vac seems to be really good quality. It comes in 1 meter long sections, 12 to a set, and snaps together securely for a custom length if you want. The hose kit is available separately.

Where are your skimmers ? If they are on the 36 ft side then 40ft will reach the whole pool. If they are on the 18 ft side you will need 40.2 ft to reach corner to corner (thanks pathagorous!!) That would be close enough at the top but not when you are trying to get to the corner of the bottom of the pool. Especially if the skimmer being used is in the shallow end and you need to vac the far corner in the deep end.

source : Had a hose that was a few feet short and it was always a pain.

Where are your skimmers ? If they are on the 36 ft side then 40ft will reach the whole pool. If they are on the 18 ft side you will need 40.2 ft to reach corner to corner (thanks pathagorous!!) That would be close enough at the top but not when you are trying to get to the corner of the bottom of the pool. Especially if the skimmer being used is in the shallow end and you need to vac the far corner in the deep end.

source : Had a hose that was a few feet short and it was always a pain.
Yea I hear ya! They are on the deep end Which is the 18 foot side so 40 foot wouldn’t reach then?

any recommendations on a brand?

Last edited:
They are on the deep end Which is the 18 foot side so 40 foot wouldn’t reach then?
You need 40.2 feet top corner to top corner, Plus however much it adds going to the floor of the shallow end. You will get close to the corner but come up 2 ft short and have to brush the corner out first.

I bought one of the made in USA ones last year that had great reviews and they all said the collar connection didn’t leak but it sucked air after 5 uses just like the old one. I think it’s the nature of the beast having a solid adapter holding the flex pipe that gets pulled on all the time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.