Recommendations for Delaware Pool Builders? (Tear down/new build)

freebsdrules

Sep 3, 2019
delaware
Hi all-

We bought a home with an oval shaped, concrete pool that we’d like to update at some point in the future. We’d like to make it bigger, make it rectangular, and increase the decking. Is this an updating project or a tear down and redo project? Space isn’t an issue.

Any thoughts or advice appreciated!

I think it depends on your layout and if you want to move the guts of the existing pool. Post some pics, and I'm sure the suggestions will follow =)

Oops, I just saw it is a concrete pool. Not sure about that and if it makes it harder to 'knock a wall out' so to say...

Making a small oval gunite into a larger rectangle gunite would be a tear down/redo.

Yeah, People have partially filled in their existing pool to make them smaller/shallower. You would be replacing so much to make yours bigger/square that it wouldn’t be worth trying to tie into what was left.

No there isn't but I re-titled your thread to maybe receive some replies on that front.

We replaced an existing smaller pool with a larger one a couple years ago. The existing pool was steel / vinyl. They ripped out everything....plumbing, decking, autocover, etc. Even though the footprint of the new pool would encompass most of the hole left behind from the demolition, i was surprised to see they didnt just expand the hole or use it in any way. They filled it in, in lifts, so that eventually you couldnt tell there was ever a pool there. Then they marked it and started the new dig as if there was never a previous pool there.

Reactions: freebsdrules

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.