Recommendations for a step up from Intex SWG

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
I posted in other threads about my problem with the Intex SWG, so I won't repeat that here. But I wanted to ask for suggestions on which SWGs to look at which would be a step up from the Intex, but not too expensive. The max I'd want to spend is about $500. I see the Hayward AquaTrol is in that price range, so would love to hear opinions on that one from anyone who has it.

What other models should I look into?

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
Cool, that's the one I have been looking at... $467 from Amazon. Is the salt level reading accurate enough that you no longer need to buy test strips for salt?

JasonLion

TFP Expert
Platinum Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
May 7, 2007
Silver Spring, MD
There isn't normally any need to use salt test strips when using the Aqua Trol. In most situations, it's salt display is as good as a good salt test. The only times that isn't true is when the cell is failing or the water is very cold. In those cases it is often nice to have a separate salt test.

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
Thanks Jason... I don't test salt that often, but it still kills me when the strips cost a buck each!

Now just got to convince hubby on the Aqua Trol. Maybe I'll ask him to reset the Intex right before I bring it up. ;-)

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
Can anyone post pictures of the Aquatrol RJ model mounted on their pool's return jet? My husband would like to see it mounted and the manual only shows cheesy line drawings.

Thanks!

MeSue

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 29, 2007
Florida
We received and installed the Aqua-Trol yesterday. At first we thought we were going to have to overhaul the return jet, but hubby managed to get it on there without a major overhaul. It's giving some wonky salt readings, but I will watch it for a couple of days to see if it works itself out.